Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SURVIVED THE CRASHES, and CRASHES, and CRASHES!

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'M BACK - Bad start for the New Year!

In the first 3 weeks of 2015, my phone, microwave, space heater, wife, and computer all crashed!

Replaced first 3,  and repaired the last 2.

About every 5 or 3 years I get too smart to fool with a computer - When Joey posted pdf files, I forgot that I could save them to Word, and read them - instead, I remembered that someone had told me to download "Open Office" to read them -

I downloaded "Apache Open Office" and immediately got a bunch of BAD shit with it and the puter started crashing!

Best Buy cleaned it up for me for $$$ after I spent $$$ for another computer so that my daughter could continue her college courses while I fixed my screwup.

I had all my passwords and stuff on index cards and always logged in automatically - then, my cards were gone as well as my memory of stuff like passwords to AFF and emails.

I found out that this site is veery well protected, as it took about 30 tries to even get my password back or try to log in as another newby under another name - Nothing seemed to work!

Glad to hear that so many of you missed me and my typical BS!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri
2 people like this

Posted

Hey Ed, glad you got things sorted out. Welcome back. Let the BS commence  :P

Posted

Luke,

My mind has been somewhere else for a while - When I find it, there will be more coming!   :lol:

Thanks,

EDMO

Posted

Ed, glad to hear you back and that you have fixed the last two not sure what you did with the one just before the computer though??? oh never mind.  :lmao:

Posted

Welcome back!

Posted

Robert,

Wife got low on red cells and iron - she had to get 2 units (like about 1/2 pint each?) of blood - Don't have the bill yet, but bet that these 1/2 pints cost a lot more than Jim Beam.   She is doing OK now - I was hoping that with new blood, instead of cooking German sauerkraut, she would start craving Cajun or Mexican foods - I told her that Cayenne and Chillipeppers have more iron in them!  :lol:

EDMO

Posted

Welcome back Ed!

Posted

Welcome back Ed

:welcome:

Posted

Glad your back Ed!

Posted (edited)

Thanks to all who welcomed me back after my short shutdown. I missed all of you too.

Someone gave me the title, "Most Prolific Writer", but I cant accept the trophy - Leni holds that title, seniority, and has the power of Zeus on this site! :lol:

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed, I can't and wont take that title away from ya.... your retired and have more time to write novels :lmao:

:BC:

Posted

Thanks Leni,

Maybe someday you will be old, retired, and fly wheelbarrows!

Note that I did not include injured, handicapped, memory failures or poor! :lol:

EDMO

Posted

Well I have the last 4 down pat :lmao:  I hope to one day retire.  I don't mind flying wheelbarrows as long as I get to fly.

:BC:

Posted

Leni will probably be flying a shopping cart, though. (Amphib floats)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I'M BACK - Bad start for the New Year!

In the first 3 weeks of 2015, my phone, microwave, space heater, wife, and computer all crashed!

Replaced first 3,  and repaired the last 2.

EDMO

Well, 2015 Continues to be full of trouble - Just middle of March now, Harrison Ford crash landed, and the toilet and tile floor that I fixed last December started leaking again and tile coming loose - And some turkey ran over my mailbox just minutes after I got the mail today - I need to get back to plane after hibernating during our extra cold winter...Wonder what the rest of this year will be like?

Guess everyone has problems, but this year has really sucked so far!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Then it can only get better..... :rolleyes:

Posted

I was always told, "Cheer-up, things could be worse", so I cheered-up, and sure as shit.......... :lol:

EDMO

Posted (edited)

Ed - there are bad days and then there are BAD days. Guy in the hangar behind me had a BAD day this week...

http://www.rochesterhomepage.net/story/d/story/small-plane-crashes-in-hopewell/26713/XB4quxPKlEWlQe4h8FtjOQ

What a shame. For the life of me I don't understand why these guys think that bush tires operate the same as skis in snow. Wet sticky snow, even a couple inches deep, is like glue to tires.

It is a good story he gave investigators about this happening on taxiing. That makes it an incident rather than an accident on takeoff or landing.

A '46 PA-12 is a great old plane. The Super Cruiser, three seater. When my plane is finally out of his shop, Dave has one of these to build next.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

I was pretty surprised to hear this. Owner is a long time pilot, bought and flew the plane home solo from Idaho or Wyoming or somewhere way out west a few years ago. He flew the heck out of that plane, lotsa hours in it. Like Daves, an absolutely georgeous older Piper. Doesn't look serious enough for the scrap heap thankfully, I'm sure he'll rebuild.