Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

KF III near Minneapolis

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I ran across a Craigslist ad for a 582 powered Kitfox Model III in Hudson, WI. I have no personal knowledge of this plane or the seller. Looks like it has a little recently repaired wingtip damage on one side.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ws...886472915.html

Posted

looking at the doors I am pretty sure its a model I 

:BC:

Posted

WTF is a GK-3? Not only is it a Model 1 it's an early Model 1 based on that serial number. Model 1 went thru #257. Model 3 didnt start till #749. Looking to trade for a tri gear plane with fresh fabric on the wingtip hmmmm. Another groundloop victim perhaps. Wonder if there was fuse damage and a prop strike too? I would not pay more than 10k for a Model 1 with known damage history. I hope any prospective buyers go to Kitfoxes website and look at the history page. Big difference between a 1 and 3 and his price doesn't reflect that.

1 person likes this

Posted

That has to be a KF-1. Serial #108, and KF1 doors.

Strangest IP and nose tank setup I have ever seen. Looks like they didn't have builder manual!

My model 1 looked more like a "normal" IP, and the tank only showed thru a small vertical slot in the IP that was a visual gage.

EDMO

Posted

Since you can name a kit aircraft anything you want, I take the "GK-3" the plane is called with a grain of salt. It could stand for Glenn Kenneth's third kit he built.

The shape of the doors clearly makes this a model 1 Kitfox.

Posted (edited)

My Kitfox 1 KIT, SN 134, was also sold in 1990/1991. I think we have clearly shown that this is a ONE.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

16k seems pretty steep for a 1