Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid Flyer Weight and Balance program

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Here is an excel file that already has the formulas built in for doing weight and balance. Just plug in your numbers and information. Hopefully this is useful to someone.

Myers N279AF Weight & Bal TEST CONFIG.xls

5 people like this

Posted

Sweet Joey, thanks for taking the time to make this and share it

Posted

Thanks for this!

QQ: I have a nosedragger.  I notice that line 8 doesn't seem to care if I'm weighing the nose or the tail.  It's really the same nose or tail?  I'm brand new at all of this, so sorry for the silly question. :)

Posted (edited)

Thanks for this!

QQ: I have a nosedragger.  I notice that line 8 doesn't seem to care if I'm weighing the nose or the tail.  It's really the same nose or tail?  I'm brand new at all of this, so sorry for the silly question. :)

No question on here is "silly".   The nose weight would be a minus (-) times the arm using the leading edge as the data point, the tail weight would be a plus (+) weight times the arm when adding them all up.   Hope this is clear.  That makes a HUGE difference in W/B figures.

P.S.  Don't tell Leni or Jim Chuk that you have a nosedragger like me or ChrisB or some others - They might say you have to wear a Pink Shirt to fly it....Glad to hear that there are more of us on here that don't like to do groundloops!    I just cant understand why some people (TDs) cant accept modern engineering and Physics Principles that are proven to be better!  :lol:

EDMO

Edited by EDMO
1 person likes this

Posted

No question on here is "silly".   The nose weight would be a minus (-) times the arm using the leading edge as the data point, the tail weight would be a plus (+) weight times the arm when adding them all up.   Hope this is clear.  That makes a HUGE difference in W/B figures.

P.S.  Don't tell Leni or Jim Chuk that you have a nosedragger like me or ChrisB or some others - They might say you have to wear a Pink Shirt to fly it....Glad to hear that there are more of us on here that don't like to do groundloops!    I just cant understand why some people (TDs) cant accept modern engineering and Physics Principles that are proven to be better!  :lol:

EDMO

Add to the above:  If you are figuring total weight, there would be no difference in nose or tail weight, only for Weight an Balance does it change.

Sorry, I left that out of my first post, and wasn't sure which you were asking about.

EdMO

Posted

EDMO

thanks!  I get it :)

Ironically, my taildragger plane is pink!  Lol

1 person likes this

Posted

thanks!  I get it :)

Ironically, my taildragger plane is pink!  Lol

I like Pink - Just hard to find pink shirts with snaps, and I don't like buttons!

EdmO