Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thank you

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Just a quick shout out to dholley & Bandit

dholly,

Thank you for your hospitality on Saturday afternoon down by the Widgen.  We had a very nice time meeting people whose names I have already forgotten and watching the airshow.

I hope your trip home was uneventful and your first Monday back to work is nowhere near as hectic as mine.   :shitfan:

Bandit,

It was nice to meet you too.  I was sorry I couldn't get back over there by you folks again to shoot the :joust: some more.  I guess we'll just have to do it again next year...

:buttrock:

To all you other slackers that didn't make it to Airventure:  WTF is wrong with you???   :lol:

Posted

:pissoff:  :lol:

This damn work thing got in the way.  I am going to put it on my schedule for next year though.  Hoping me and a couple buddies can make the trip.  Would be nice to fly a couple avids and a couple kitfoxs down there for a couple weeks!

:beerchug:

Posted

My airstrip will be open to you (if you can get it into 1000' :french11: ) !

I'm about 100 miles W-NW from OSH.  I won't be there from Saturday through Sunday, but the week before or after I will.

C'mon down.

Posted

gees... 1000'  man thats kinda tight :lol:  knock about 700' off it and I will feel at home.  so it should go without saying that we are expecting reports and pics from those of you who made it down there!

Posted

The pleasure was all mine, I'm glad you were able to stop over and take in the airshow. And yes indeed, a fine flight home in the Widgeon. Last leg we were level at 10,000 running along a front line that was producing one heck of a tail wind when I saw 173kts on both the 530 and 496 for a few mins. We were really honking along and spent the last 30mins VFR at 8,000 or so dodging the cumulonimbus clouds with 9,000+ tops. A ride with the angels and fitting end to another great OSH trip...

To all you other slackers that didn't make it to Airventure:  WTF is wrong with you???   :lol:

They know not what they miss! 

Posted

Av8r3400,

Stopped by your camp a couple of times, nobody home. Glad we got to meet and visit for a while.  The Avid picnic went good, about 30 people attended.

Leni, you guys have to make it  down next year. Could have a big bash at our camp by the farm. Do some Avid talk. Maybe tip a few to.

Posted

I'm thinking that the AFF members that fly into OSH next year should use the ultralight area.

The strip is plenty big, there were several Avids in there this year and the Highlander contingent, too.  It's easy to get in and out for whopee trips too.

**PLUS**  It's on the end of the field where all the cool people hang out...  :beerchug:

Posted

Av8r3400,

Stopped by your camp a couple of times, nobody home. Glad we got to meet and visit for a while.  The Avid picnic went good, about 30 people attended.

Leni, you guys have to make it  down next year. Could have a big bash at our camp by the farm. Do some Avid talk. Maybe tip a few to.

maybe my ass.. that would be a sure bet with me!  I have it on the work calendar so I will get the time off.  May be a good time for me to take 3 weeks off so we can work around weather if need be.

Posted

I'm thinking that the AFF members that fly into OSH next year should use the ultralight area.

The strip is plenty big, there were several Avids in there this year and the Highlander contingent, too.  It's easy to get in and out for whopee trips too.

**PLUS**  It's on the end of the field where all the cool people hang out...   :beerchug:

All about hanging with the cool people......  Would be a big eye opener for me.  I hate flying into busy places.  My time is spent in the bush where you ground control is the bears and moose and shit on the runway.  Congested airspace is not my cup of tea.. but I will manage it :lol:

:BC: