Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bungee emergency

24 posts in this topic

Posted

FIRE! That's what I said when I "smoked" a bungee while welding in a new flaperon lever. Now I need help finding new bungees or the specs for the right size and length so I can make new ones. Airdale isn't answering my emails or phone messages. I'd sure like to get in four more TO's and landings so my instructor will sign me off. I know, I can't use the "NO BASHING" sign here. Which one shall I use?

Thanks,

Posted

do you have the wide gear or standard?  The wide gear uses longer bungies and gets another wrap.

Posted

I have the standard gear. I used seven wraps, which seemed pretty solid on the first 26 landings.

Posted

I will have the wife check and see if I have my originals.  I changed mine when I put the wide gear on but to the best of my knowledge, my originals were OK.  Been a year and a half so let me have her check them out and get a pic for me

Posted

OK I have a mix of them lol.  I cant remember it these came off the kitfox, or my avid but they should be the same.  I have one that is 8' 11.5" and one that is 9'7"... the new one from Airdale for the wide gear is larger in diameter and is 5' 10" long.

I can send you the two longer ones that should be the same diameter as yours, and if need be you can shorten one end when you pull yours off and get the length you have on there now.

You can PM me your address or email me at akflyer_2000@yahoo.com if you want them sent out tomorrow.  Free of charge as they are used.  Priority mail will take 3-4 days to get them to you.

:beerchug:

Posted

WOW ! This site solves ALL the problems!

:siterocks:

Posted

Going out in the mail to you this AM.  Should have them on Monday of they keep the dog sleds running over the weekend!

Posted

GOSH UR NICE WISH I COULD GET U TO SOLVE MY PROBLEM.  LOL  WHAT DO U GOT FOR OVERHEATING???????? :biggun:

Posted

Add a belly radiator

Posted

Add a belly radiator

He was being funny... We have done 3 or 4 different radiator configs on this one, and have done the belly radiator and his 532 still wants to over heat.

Damnit Greg, what did you set the prop for max RPM.  should be getting 6250 to 6300 on the ground.  What were the EGTs at this prop setting?  Sorry I missed your call last night, I was snoring by the time you called :lol:

We will get this thing figured out and get that bird in the air!

Posted

Damn I'm slow!  :banghead: When did I get the new custom name? I'll have to live with it 'til I do something better, right? I use the belly mount on my Avid, temps stay right at 150 so far, I'm starting to think about what to do this winter when I put the skiis on. Can I just slow down the air going into the scoop? On the powered parachutes I installed an adjustable louver to shut off the air as needed. I guess we'll wait 'til the snow flies and see what happens.

Thanks again for all the help. ;D

Posted

Dogs must have died! Tuesday and still no bungees. Maybe the border stopped the dogs, s'pose? I'd fly up to get them but I can't land, or yeah, I could put the floats back on. Maybe I better just wait. :deadhorse:

Posted

sorry, i should have dropped a note.  The wife ended up in the hospital 150 miles away from the house friday morning about 1:00 so your box did nit make it out till my daughter dropped it at the post office Saturday morning for me.  Should be there today.

Posted

Hey Leni,  :(

I'd rather wait a month than to hear that your wife went to the hospital. I hope all is better now and I can wait for bungees.

Best wishes,Bill

Posted

not a big deal.. 6th surgery she has had this year.  I am thinking they should just have a suite set up for her as much money as we have spent in there in the last 4 or 5 yrs.  I am thinking I could pay off the national debt with what I have paid Drs and hospitals.  She will be fine, just something she gets to go through every 6 weeks or so.

Let me know when they show up, I would have thought they would be there today.  Hope one of them will work for you!

Posted

Avid 67 is ready to fly again.

Thanks to Leni.

I'll let you know how it all works when the rain stops.

Posted

:beerchug:  glad I could help ya out!  thats what the site is for!  :buttrock:

Posted

Almost there, does the bungee go around the front seat support or just the floorboard support? I've seen pictures both ways and my instructions don't address it. Maybe the bungees have more stretch wrapped around the upper support. My plane was on floats when I got it so I'm not sure which is better. I sure wish there were some Avids close to Spokane so I could snoop.

Posted

it wraps around the top of the front seat support truss.

Posted

I am going to have greg post a pic of his.  They HAVE to go over the top of the seat support, or there will not be any length for them to be able to stretch..

Posted

HOPE THIS HELPS.  BE NICE WHEN U CAN GET THEY BIRD BACK IN THE AIR.  NO MORE WELDING.  :hammerhead:  LOL

969_9ccca8b0c138de32d7e5261acc06e493bdef

971_c59877d920654bcc045bfd717b62dc45a1a1

Posted

Hey, that helps alot! I did mine like that too except I must have done 1 more wrap. Now I'm curious how your sling seat works with so much space between the sling and the support. I always had the seat right up to the support, I think I'll try your method, then my head won't hit the roof.  :hammerhead:

Thanks All

Posted

I let mine out till my butt was just above the control rod.  Gives alot more head and leg room!

Posted

Bill you can get a lot more head and leg room out of the sling seat if you loosen everything up some. Like they said just don't let you butt get into the flap control.