Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Great video of casual flying

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Its not my video but If you have 40 minutes you should watch it, it is really nice flying.

2 people like this

Posted

Great Vid

Posted

I've done 3 trips to the Idaho Backcountry in my Avid. It HAS to be on your bucket list!!

1 person likes this

Posted

I would love to spend a couple weeks there with my kitfox and a tent but getting there would be a bit tricky 900nm from me and Rockey mountains in between, not sure the 582 would do a 9000 ft pass crossing.  You guys would know more than me.

Posted

within the next couple years, I'll be there...

I'm aiming for the fall of 2016.

1 person likes this

Posted

I go over the Sierra mountains over 10K fully loaded with my 582 all the time. Invest in a Hacman. You won't be below 5K your entire Idaho visit and will see 10k daily while out there unless you want to fly drainages the whole time which is really hard to Nav thru if you don't know the area.

Posted

well if thats not motivation I don't know what is. This is practically my backyard can't wait for all the snow to melt around here. This will be our first summer with the avid flying and I can't wait to take my wife on some fly in camping trips.

Posted

On my bucket list as well!!

Posted

Yep, headed back this summer.  Watched that video before and it's just to soon to get my juices flowing with summer so far away.  I went on Father's Day last year and we had some snow to deal with, think I will shoot for July this year.  What a great area!