Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Grove Aluminum Srring Gear - Kitfox 4-1200 Estimate

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Here is an estimate I recieved 8/11/14 for replacement gear Item #1021-3, associated mounting hardware and shipping costs. Be aware, Grove tries to keep a few of the more popular springs in inventory, however, if you call them when the shelves are bare, it will take up to 4-6 weeks depending on their batch heat treating schedule.

post-53-0-65708800-1425823471_thumb.jpg

Edited by dholly

Posted

What's custom about it? Going taller?

Posted

2" taller, same price of stock.

Posted (edited)

Kitfox will sell you the Grove gear, axles, wheels and brakes, and include tires and tubes for $4995 plus tax and shipping! That's the old price - it may be more now?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

$3k for axles, wheels, brakes, tires and tubes??

Posted (edited)

Another Kitfox bargain - Used to be almost $4K for that plus the KF5 gear that Grove sold for $1100!

I still have the old Grove and KF catalogs. Grove sold the KF5 spring about $500 less than the KF4 spring, and it was 8 inches wider, and included gun drilling for brake lines.

I have had both, now using the KF5 spring with the radius block mounts, like the later model KF7.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

$4395 now for supersport landing gear kit - see Doug's post and mine in rudder pedals.

The KF7 supersport uses the same Grove Spring gear as the KF5 & KF6.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

Ed, let's not compare apples to oranges. My estimate from Grove directly was for the KF 4 spring gear and hardware, nothing to do with 5, 6, 7 or SS spring gear and hardware.

A better comparison would be the current KF catalog price for Model 4 spring and hardware:

Classic IV Spring Gear / Retrofit Package

For those of you flying Model 3 or 4 aircraft with the standard tube gear we offer this Spring Gear retrofit kit. The spring gear adds an additional 4 inches to the width of the wheels and lowers your nose about 2 inches for better visibility while taxiing your Kitfox.

Total width is 60 inches.

Includes Grove Aluminum Spring Gear, Axles, Bolt kit, brackets and mounting hardware

Spring Landing Gear Kit - with 3/4 axles Part #1021.3 $1,850.00

Spring Landing Gear Kit - with 1 1/4 axles Part #1021.4 $1,850.00

Not a direct cost comparison of course... my quote from Grove does not include axles or bolts, and I suspect the KF catalog price does not include packing and shipping if it comes from them or drop shipped from Grove.

Edited by dholly

Posted (edited)

I was showing the KF5 gear was actually cheaper by about $500 than the KF4, as shown in Grove catalog, and Kitfox will give you wheels, brakes, tires and tubes, and maybe, MCs for $3 Grand more. I know about the plain gear prices.

EDMO

BTW - I sold my KF4 Grove/Matco set without tires, for $1000 - Sorry you missed it.

Edited by Ed In Missouri