Posted (edited)

seattle.craigslist

search kitfox

Edited by aschlem

Posted

I tried - it would not pull up.

EDMO

Posted (edited)

Wish this was closer, I would like to have a look at it.  Jim Chuk   http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/for/4930617684.html

according to the FAA website, the aircraft has an airworthiness cert.  issued in 1991, now expired (though not cancelled)

Edited by Jim Chuk

Posted

thanks for posting the link. I have not figured out how to paste things it to a post.

Posted

I would be Leary of a 20 year old 912 that has been "turned regularly" could make a nice project for someone if it's not damaged. Time you recovered it and got the engine tore down, inspected, and updated you would be getting right back up there with flying planes. Sad that so many of these get sentenced to death in a barn. That one I bought had less than 100 hrs and I feel bad for it everytime I take out the trash and see it sitting there in pieces on my trailer.

Posted

For $7k I'd buy it and take the motor off and throw away the rest.

If it was kept indoors and assembled, I would have no quams about that engine whatsoever. Replace the rubber, rebuild the carbs, shim the gearbox and maybe pull a jug if the compression was low.

Posted

I just read in the "other" forum that 2 guys went to look at it. The report was "the guy said he had bad vibes and wouldn't show it". Things that seem too good usually have a catch to them.