Followers 0

Kitfox As Art?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

Bravo, that was long overdue!

Posted (edited)

I didn't get any sound with it, so I don't understand why anyone would want to hang a Kitfox - such a beautiful plane should be out flying from a green grass strip. Very Sad in ways!

Guess I don't understand "art"?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I guess I agree Ed. It seems like it was already art before they hung it from the ceiling. I guess the positive side of it is that a lot of people got to see a homebuilt plane up close (kind of close anyway). It might inspire some to get involved in aviation.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I guess I agree Ed. It seems like it was already art before they hung it from the ceiling. I guess the positive side of it is that a lot of people got to see a homebuilt plane up close (kind of close anyway). It might inspire some to get involved in aviation.

Agree - But man, that building looks like something in the slums of Detroit - About ready to collapse!

Who would want to go there?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Did you increase the volume for your amplifier?

Unless you understand  a certain European language, you did not miss anything by not having audio... 

Posted (edited)

Did you increase the volume for your amplifier?

Unless you understand  a certain European language, you did not miss anything by not having audio...

Last time I tried on a video, nothing helped - Just computer illiterate!

My little bit of Army German is about 50 years long ago now - only spoke a little "Kinder Deutch" (Child's German) and probably understand less. Just learned enough for food, drink, and getting around Germany.

Same thing with my Spanish - I learned 50 different food names, and how to read maps!

I don't like to go without food, drink, or a place to sleep!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

You are "literate" enough to do posting. That's what counts...

Not sufficiently fluent to haggle the price for overnight? I assumed that was a requirement for all U.S. servicemen overseas... :shitfan:

Edited by KFfan

Posted

Umm okay cool but what was the point? Seems like a great way to damage a perfectly good airplane.

Posted

It reminded me of "Art" from the 60's.

Sometimes beauty is in the eye of the artist...

1 person likes this

Posted

How DUMB. Airshow?

Posted

From Wikipidia;

Signer gives a humorous twist to the concept of cause and effect and to the traditional scientific method of experimentation and discovery, taking on the self-evidence of scientific logic as an artistic challenge. As well as working in his studio, which he calls his lab, Signer often takes off to the Swiss mountains to conduct larger experiments. A recent example of his installation work was "Accident as sculpture" (Unfall als Skulptur)(2008) in which Signer had a three-wheeled delivery car, loaded with water barrels, roll down an 11 m high ramp and up the other side. At the apex, the vehicle overturned and crashed to the ground. The resulting chaotic arrangement constituted the exhibition at Kunstraum Dornbirn.  Another example, the video 56 Small Helicopters (56 Kleine Helikopter) (2008) shows a squadron of 56 remote-controlled toy helicopters as they rise into the air, collide with each other, carom off the ceiling and walls, and finally die in mechanical spasms on the floor.

Perhaps he has been to Colorado, Washington, Alaska?

Posted

It could have been a plane donated by someones widow or family.. you know, the ones who refuse to sell an airplane that will ever fly again because they are scared shitless of being sued when some guy gets drunk and crashes the plane then his wife sues the original builder and gets millions because the plane was not drunken idiot proof..  Seems the same guys saying this is not a great way to show an airplane. would be the same guys walking around Cabelas checking out the J3 or the Beaver hanging from the ceiling.  If the plane wont fly again, I think its cool that it is displayed and not just left to rot in a corner of a barn or hangar or left outside under a tarp like mine was when I found it.

I think mine would have looked much better hanging from a ceiling than under a rotted green tarp with trees falling on it.

Thanks for posting the vid!

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Some people in this world are rich, or skilled in doing things like covering a mountain with sheets, getting hundreds of people to pose nude for a photo, hanging a Kitfox, or other stupid things, etc., and calling it "Art" -

The rest of us have to work for a living!

I would rather see the plane hanging at an airport, in a museum, instead of in a dump of an empty building somewhere.

EDMO

I agree with AkFlyer on the lawsuits and stupid juries - Bet Mr. Taylor and Mr. Piper turned over in their graves after the $50 million award on the old Piper crash.

I understand that EAA has a foolproof (pun intended) liability clause for selling, and that no AB Experimental aircraft seller has ever been held liable.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri