Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

532 parts?

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Are any parts on the 532 useable on other engines? I have a 532 with 80 hours total time, but sitting for years - sold the complete exhaust - rest is there for offers.

Have all engine gages and tach, with senders, and a Kitfox mount, radiator.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

They make a wicked go kart engine!

1 person likes this

Posted

Aren't these ALL go-karts with wings?

1 person likes this

Posted

The crank case will exchange with 582 as well as the carbs etc.  I think the jugs and the pistons will as well.  The crank is different as is the RV shaft.

Posted

Aren't these ALL go-karts with wings?

I like what my buddy calls them better... "Flying lawn furniture"

Posted

The 532 has a displacement of 520 or 521 CC if my memory is correct, and the 582 is 580CC,  I believe the compression is higher in the 532 and that's why it made the same HP as the 582.  I've flown behind 2 of them, and had no problems with them.  Actually it's kind of fun being able to hand prop them so easy.  Just dug out my old 2005 Leading Edge catalog which listed parts for the 532, and part numbers are different from the 532 to 582 for cylinders and pistons.  Crank case is a provision 4, 582s are provision 8..Jim Chuk

Posted

What are the carbs worth? Not trying to step on Ed's sale but I also have some 582 parts sitting in the shop I am trying to clean up.

Posted

When a buddy cracked his case due to putting the wrong bolts in his rv cover, we replaced it with a 532 case. The bosses are in the case for the 4 additional bolts, you just have to drill and tap them. I also made stand offs for the trigger coils, but you can indeed use the 532 case for a 582 build. As 582 cases are getting harder to come by, 532 cases are being used by rebuild centers. :BC:

Posted (edited)

I was told that 532 cranks are no longer available - but if the crank is good, it can be rebuilt - I don't know anything about them - Just kept this around since 2003 because I thought it was worth something, and I had $$$ invested.

I thought about using it for an airboat, but really would need a hovercraft here on Missouri rocks!

EDMo

Doug,

Don't hesitate to advertise something similar to mine - You might help sell mine too.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

The cranks on a Rotax 2 stroke are not really rebuildable.  They are a multi-piece assembly, pressed together with the connecting rods.  Rebuilding would be cost prohibitive.

Posted

I had a local snowmobile racing shop replace a couple of bearings on the crankshaft of a Cuyuna engine on my Quicksilver MX years ago. Charged me $100. Engine was still running when I sold the plane. They could press things apart and back together and realign the crank. I believe Steve Beaty at Airscrew Performance will rebuild cranks as well. Jim Chuk

Posted

Rotax Rick rebuilds cranks as well. That's why he does full rebuilds for $400 more than Rotax sells a factory crank for.

Posted (edited)

I was just strolling around ebay, and found what seemed like hundreds of Rotax parts for different engines - but the prices were sky-high - (or maybe it just looked that way to me) - looks like some place in Germany selling them.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I bought alot from the Germany guy, Nice guy to work with just shoot him an email and he responds quickly. Actually I bought a brand new Prop for the kitfox from him a couple months ago. He ships fast, but the items seem to sit in NY for 25 days before they get released to me. Must be a way to create more jobs.

Posted

TSA is probably working the entry ports now...

Posted

I bought alot from the Germany guy, Nice guy to work with just shoot him an email and he responds quickly. Actually I bought a brand new Prop for the kitfox from him a couple months ago. He ships fast, but the items seem to sit in NY for 25 days before they get released to me. Must be a way to create more jobs.

I shipped some parts to Germany a few years ago and they sat in Customs there for almost 3 months!

Posted (edited)

What kind of prop did you get? How much?

Just nosey! I saw some on ebay but they were in sillymeters and only for Rotax.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I bought a 3 Blade 74 inch Power Fin, brand new for a little less than half of new, I'm not sure if it will work good or be a turd, I have 3.47 to 1 gears wish I had less, but this is what I got for now so I will learn to like it, I can always cut the blades off a bit if I have to, I really like the looks of the Power Fin, so I hope it works, I know they last along time, we have a local guy with a Challenger close by, He had Power Fin on it for 2300 hrs before it started to show stress cracks, He then switched it out for a 3 blade taper tip Warp performance was identical.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Guess you can run that long prop turning slow with your ratio - Should be good for TO & climb - Mine is 1.84:1 and I need a shorter prop, but my engine turns slower.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Hope so If I can get a max rpm of 6500 that gives me a prop rpm of 1873 should be nice and quiet, and your right TO will be good cruise might suck but in all honesty if I get 70 mph I will be happy. I could spend $1000 bucks putting smaller gears in and $600 on another prop that spins faster and maybe hit 75mph, a Kitfox 1 with the undercamber wing I really don't think any of them would get over 75mph,  Maybe I'm wrong.

Posted (edited)

I have heard that the undercamber hits a wall at 90 - If you can go that fast. I have the Riblett mod.

Warp says if I go with the cruise prop/settings, I will get 4 to 7 mph faster, but worse TO and climb, and it aint worth it.

I'm going to try with a 70" full blade first, turning about 25-2600 WOT.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

My Avid MK IV would do right at 100 MPH with the Jabiru engine in it. That was 80 or 85 HP though. Didn't seem to climb any better than the 582, but definatly flew faster. You're right though about the under cambered wing and the drag wall. Jim Chuk

Posted

I have a couple of 532's. I am planning to experiment with converting them to CDI ignition to eliminate the points adjustment hassle. I think the mini-airboat community uses the 532's because they are relatively cheap these days. That may be an option to sell. I may use one of mine for a mini airboat and sell the other or possibly use on a PPC.

Dan