Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Using The Stewart Systems products.

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I am using the Stewart System on my MK IV HH.  THE fabric and EkoFill was straight forward with no problems.  I am in the process of painting the fuselage with the two part poly in white.  Some tips for this are,  1. make sure the viscosity cup is accurate. Use a #30 drill to deburr the hole, water should take 15 sec's. to empty.  2. Use a gram scale to measure mixture.  What ever amount of Part A used divide by 3.3 = Part B.  Divide Part A by 2.75 = water.  3. If vary warm when painting keep water in refrigerator. 4. Most important is to use fluid settings as directed in video, failure will result in runs.

945_02f0086febb5cdb44034d79c0706972933e7

947_2dfbd14afb4af9ac14dba70153d7620f667e

949_8e385dce6b30bcaadfe401fa8912c8c67746

951_848e7eb8bdcb5a106a05f45f1ecf05ce9f2e

953_a95c20a952d92ab10b1c6e841c8cfd961573

Posted

Take and Post pictures, lots of pictures. I need the inspiration so I will get mine recovered.

Posted

I posted some pics. with and w/o primer.  I am going to repaint the fuselage with 2 part poly tomorrow.  Will post the results.  First try had some runs due to my bad.  Russ

Posted

:welcome:  Is it done yet?

Posted

Just finished the 3 peice cowl, and baggage door.  Looks great.  The thing to remember is to wait at least 10-15 mins. between coats.  Less will give runs.  For cleanup I found the spray " Awesome" to work great.  I buy it at one of the Dollar stores.    Russ.

Posted

Painted doors, and wing struts today.  All look great.  Turtle decks, and wing are all thats left.

Russ.

Posted

Right on!  Keep at it and you will be flying in no time!

:beerchug: