Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thoghts on Full Lotus Floats

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm thinking of buying a set and want to know of other experiences.

I would like to have aerocet 1100 ampibs but have not found any that the owners want to sell at my price range.$7000

Thanks for any info

Posted

Marv -

Just do a search here on the Full Lotus floats, there is tons of very detailed info on the 1260s and 1450s (both good and bad). Leni in particular has years of experimentation and experience with FL on both his Avid and bro's Kitfox, not to mention other aircraft (huh, what? shhhh!), and has posted his thoughts repeatedly.

FWIW, the floats TJay linked are for a UL like Challenger or Quicksilver etc., around 750 displacement I think. Puddlejumper does have a bigger 1100 or 1150 displacement float which would be much more appropriate for an Avid or Kitfox. That said, not sure if those are offered in amphib version, or whether that is with the spreader bar-style nosewheel used on their smaller floats. That arrangement just plain looks flimsy as hell to me, no way would I put that type of float on my Avid+ or Kitfox. IMHO, there is a good reason you never hear of anyone flying this float on an Avid or KF... or, at least, more than once.

Sorry you missed my Aerocets.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure your floats went to a good Plane.

I really do want a set of 1100's.

I think the 1250's are too big for my Avid.

I'll find another set down the line.

Just sold my race car so I have a little extra money for my toys now.

Posted

full lotus are awesome floats ,the are heavy and not very aerodynamic but their tough as hell and work amazing on the snow ,and when your sitting on them fishing they are pretty comfy.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm sure your floats went to a good Plane.

I really do want a set of 1100's.

I think the 1250's are too big for my Avid.

I'll find another set down the line.

Just sold my race car so I have a little extra money for my toys now.

I have a set of EDO 1320s on my avid and they are NOT overfloated... the tails sink if I walk back there in deep water.  I wouldnt think twice about putting 1250s on and AVID.  on the water, your going to get too much float out of the water much quicker than too little float..

Posted

as far as full lotus floats... I loved my 1450s and would put nothing less than them on an avid or kitfox.  They kick the crap out of 1220 or 1260 FL floats.  If I was not still bitter about the piss poor quality of the floats I got (had a major twist sewn into them they replaced one and it was just as bad) and I was ( and still wont) pay them to fix them right after I already paid for a new set of floats... from a safety stand point, and from a most usefull float stand point, the FL get the nod, but customer service pissed me off to the point that I will probably one day take them to a local upholstery shop and see if they can fix them instead of paying another 1000 bucks to ship them back and forth, plus pay FL to fix an issue they let get sent out the door...

:BC: