Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

E-LSA

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay I know this is an ugly can of worms, but:  :shitfan:

Would one of our resident experts care to comment on what the owner of an aircraft, certificated as an E-LSA, can or can not due maintenance/inspection wise, and what class(es) would allow that owner to do more?

How is it different from what the owner of a non-light sport experimental aircraft can do?

(Both examples are for the present owner, not the original builder.)

Thanks.

Posted

As far as I have been able to determine, an owner of an ELSA can do all maintenance of his airplane. What he is not capable of doing( If he did not build the aircraft himself) is doing the annual condition report. I would like to know if the 120 hour course is good for ELS as well as SLSA. I can't find anybody who is willing to do that for less than $500 on my Avid A model.

Posted

Go to:

Page 44779 of the Federal Register / Vol. 69, No. 143 / Tuesday, July 27, 2004 / Rules and Regulations

You will find all there is to know here....:  http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/sport_rule.

Posted

Thank you 84KF.  That's what I was looking for.

Posted

Go to:

Page 44779 of the Federal Register / Vol. 69, No. 143 / Tuesday, July 27, 2004 / Rules and Regulations

You will find all there is to know here....:  http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/sport_rule.

WHAT THE HELL :lol:  yer slacking Steve.  Figured you would pull up an old rant and show em whats up :lol:  Why you have to go posting direct links to answers instead of shooting from the hip and repeating old wives tales like most other "leading authorities" have done...

:beerchug: