Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 yr olds first off airport adventure

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Took my daughter to one of my favorite local mountain strips on Sunday. It's 30 mins away each way. Figured it was a good test run away from the airport in the Avid. She had a blast and so did I.

post-40-0-19957000-1428983040_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-96100600-1428983052_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-02503100-1428983064_thumb.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

That's awesome. I can't wait to have a flying Avid so I can take my kids in something other than a 172. She probably doesn't hurt the takeoff performance much  :P

Posted

What a cutie! She's lucky to have a papa pilot to take her on big adventures.

Posted

That is so cool, Joey!

Posted

Very Nice!!

Posted

My kids don't remember any of the road trip we did in the truck, but they damn sure remember every time I took them flying and beach combing or fly out fishing. 

I can't wait till my new baby girl is old enough get out and fly with dad.  These are the memories we will carry with us when we are racing wheelchairs up and down the halls of a nursing home one day.

:BC:

Posted

I took all of my young kids fishing, hunting, camping and I sure hope they do the same with their own [yet to be born] kids should they be so blessed. All of my flying went on hold back then, no time or money for planes when raising them unfortunately. Sharing the right seat with your daughter at an early age is really something unique and formative and its great she has taken to her special time with Dad. Mom, on the other hand, probably is glued to the computer watching your Spot page. :)  

1 person likes this

Posted

Awesome! Your daughter is SO cute! Kids love clear bottom doors!

"It looks just like toys!" (What I have heard kids say several times flying for the first time in my Avids with clear bottom doors as they look down and marvel)

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank You everyone. I am truly blessed. Looking forward to many more adventures with her.

1 person likes this