Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My F'd up new full lotus floats

30 posts in this topic

Posted

All right!  Always fun to see you put that Avid through it's paces.  Say, I wonder if they make a turbo-charger for a 582?  Probably blow out the case seals, but that would give you mucho power to fly floats. Oh well.  Have you found a cat engine yet?

Jack

Found one, but the wife has been burning up my play money with surgeries this year...  If I can ever get her fixed up so she can go more than 8 weeks between operations, I will be all over the 800 engine!

Posted

Now, you're talkin'...

naw, if yer gonna go, go big!  3208 would be better. I had a commercial fishing boat that had one with over 10,000 hrs on it :lol:

Posted

Got my new float monsted up yesterday.. dang a big difference a straight float makes!  Picked up a MPH and climb went up about 300 FPM from the old twisted float.  GEt up on step alot better now too without that tail digging in!  Loading up the bird in about an hour to go bust some ducks today. 

:beerchug:

Posted

So much for flying today.. storm blew in.. 25 gusting 35.  Little too much for me to have fun...

Posted

That sucks Leni... when you gonna post some pics on your bird on the water? I was all preflighted and ready to fly last night but the wind started gusting too. With a whopping 1.7 and 7 landings I was not ready to push my luck.