Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

35th Bday weekend on the Sonoma Coast

6 posts in this topic

Posted

My wife and I are two days apart on Bdays so we always try and get away for that weekend and do something with just us. We dropped off the kids on Sat morning and headed out. We hit our first Wine tasting by 10. We went up by Santa Rosa on Hwy 101 and then cut West through Guernville and a bunch of back roads before popping out on the Pacific Coast Hwy 1 near Fort Ross. We stayed at a nice place called Timber Cove right on the coast. Upon check in we were informed...we have good news and bad news....ut oh... they overbooked the hotel for the night....but....we had been upgraded to "THE" Ocean view suite...an insane huge room with views of the Ocean 3 sides at the same price of the room we had already booked.

The wife and I stay clear of people, tourist attractions, and that sort of stuff when we travel. We like to be spontaneous and stay off the beaten path.

This Random Paul Bunyan in a trailer park was  good place to start

DSC_0009.jpg

Found this Willeys place in the middle of nowhere. Looked like a parts/resto haven for those into Willeys...

DSC_0094_1.jpg

Our Suite is in the foreground. The part you see is less than a 1/3 of the overall room.

DSC_0142.jpg

Ocean on 3 sides

Suite%20view.jpg

I believe I can fly

DSC_0150_1.jpg

DSC_0257.jpg

The Sonoma Coast is something else

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0265.jpg

One of the single lane roads I'm glad we explored

DSC_0123.jpg

My hot wife in Armstrong Redwood forest

DSC_0030.jpg

Some serious wood!

DSC_0087_1.jpg

Best day ever...Wife, Trees, Truck, and Beer

DSC_0102_1.jpg

This guy wouldn't leave our balcony

DSC_0199.jpg

Spotted this headed home...Murica!

DSC_0289.jpg

And in true Aviator style I figured out a way to swing Airplanes into the trip. I've flown into Petaluma and had lunch at the 29er diner several times but I've never drove in. It just happened to be "on the way".

DSC_0287.jpg

DSC_0280_1.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice photos Joey - Glad you had a good trip.

In the photo of the gull, there is a tower in the background - is that a lighthouse?

EDMO

Posted

Nice Joey!  Does it ever rain in California? Looks like beautiful blue sky all of the time.

Posted (edited)

According to the TV, it hasn't rained, snow levels way down, temperatures up, and statewide drought and water rationing, jobs being lost and state is bankrupt, illegal aliens are getting free driver's licenses and will vote and draw social security and Ohbummercare, and not much hope for the future, except wait for earthquakes, according to the TV....and Joey's photos are always good.

But, if you listen to Oh Bummer.....

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri
1 person likes this

Posted

Nice photos Joey - Glad you had a good trip.

In the photo of the gull, there is a tower in the background - is that a lighthouse?

EDMO

No Ed it was this crazy totem pole looking thing. Pretty hard to describe.

post-40-0-13125600-1430470839_thumb.jpg

Posted

Looks like an unused rain-gauge !  :lol:

EDMO