Jab 2200 Motor Mount

26 posts in this topic

Posted

Any ideas on where I can find a Jab motor mount for my Mk IV? I emailed Airdale about a week ago, but no reply. I assume the best way to get an answer is to call Brett?

Posted

I have drawings if you have to build your own. Jim Chuk

Posted

Thanks Jim. I hope I don't have to go that route as I don't think I have the skills. Fortunately, I do have a friend who could do the work with a good set of drawings.

Posted

Well let me know if/when you want a copy and I will send them to you. Jim Chuk

Posted

Search for the EAA 'Hints for Homebuilders' video on making your own engine mount by Earl Luce. You just might be surprised at how easy it is when have a drawing with measures.

Posted

Thanks for the tip. Jim sent me the drawings, so I'll definitely check out the EAA video.

Posted

I contacted Jabiru USA for an engine mount. They said they had one and sent it out. Did not match the plane or the drawing. Took them about 2 months to arrange for an RMA and refund. I may jig up and build one. Did you come up with a source.

Posted

No, I ddn't. PM me your email and I'd be happy to pass along the drawings Jim sent to me.

Posted

Speaking of Jab USA, I sent an email to their info@ address about a muffler around 2 1/2 weeks ago and haven't heard a word. I assume you must have called them about the motor mount, because they don't seem to answer emails.

Posted

Any chance of checking out those drawings guys? I'm working on a new mount/FWF KIT for everyone and would like to see what this one looks like compared to the EA-81 mount. Thanks!

Posted

Hi Rob,

I did call Jabiru USA when researching and buying the engine mount. They sent me their drawing which I could check against the aircraft. What they sent did not match the drawing and I suspect actually was for a Kitfox IV. I am going to research doing my own mount, so a second would be no big deal. I will get back to you in couple weeks.

Best regards,

Rick

Posted

Rick, do you still have of copy of the Kitfox? drawing? Any chance of getting a copy? I can send you the Avid motor mount drawings if you want them. Jim Chuk

Posted

Hi Jim,

They sent me drawings for an Avid motor mount. The mount they sent did not match the drawing, and I am assuming it was for a KF IV

Posted

An Avid jabiru mount would have 6 bolts on the fire wall, two on the top, and 4 at about mid height on the firewall. A Kitfox 4 has 5 bolts, if you use a face of a clock, the holes are at 11, 1,3,6,and 9. Jim Chuk

Posted

I have the drawing for a Jabiru engine mount to Kitfox firewall attach bushings, I'll trade anyone for the Avid mount drawing (PM me your email address).

The attached pics show:

• measures template of my Avid+ firewall attach bushings, the Avid Mk-IV is the same.
  • pic of my Jabiru engine mount for Avid firewall attach bushings.
  • my Jabiru engine mount installed on my Avid+ firewall attach bushings.
  • my rough measures of the Jabiru engine mount for Avid firewall attach bushings.

post-53-0-81523200-1438355393_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-28187900-1438356192_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-36006600-1438355759_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-69725300-1438356527_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-17947100-1438356562_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-94763000-1438356601_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-15123100-1438356622_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-07102600-1438356655_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-37943300-1438356702_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-82942800-1438356756_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-22677900-1438356830_thumb.jpg

post-53-0-90515900-1438356891_thumb.jpg

Posted

If you're wanting the Avid jabiru mount drawings, I'll be happy to send them to you Doug.  Thanks,  Jim Chuk

Posted

Hi Dholly,

I have the Avid Mk IV drawings as well. I would like a copy of the KF IV drawing.

Posted

OK, thanks, there appears to be a lot of confusion surrounding the topic.

I just want to mention that there are a couple of drawings getting passed around. As I read them, one drawing is for the 6-bushing Avid mount (legend says Avid Mk 3 & 4), and the other drawing shows the 5-bushing Kitfox mount (legend *incorrectly* says Kitfox 1-2-3 and Avid 1-2).

Why do I say *incorrectly*? As you may know, Avid 1 (aka Model A) had a integral motor mount for Cayuna and the Avid 2 (aka Model B) mount was not the same mount design used on KF 1-3 (and also KF 4).

So, it would seem, some are interpreting the drawings by legend only but you need to scrutinize the drawing differences and compare the measures I posted earlier from my Avid+ with the 6-bushing 'Avid Mk 3&4' drawing (they should be the same). The other 5-bushing motor mount drawing is for KF 1-4 only, NOT Avid 1-2. I believe it is simply mis-labled.

Posted

That engine mount video is on page 34 of the "Hints for Homebuilder's" site.

Posted

Excellent information. Thanks for sharing.

1 person likes this

Posted

I have drawings if you have to build your own. Jim Chuk

Jim would you mind emailing me a copy thanks Randy     no1son38@aol.com

Posted

Hey Rob,  Just reading your post about needing a Jab mount for your MK IV. I have one and I am right across the river from in Lisbon, Maine.

If you still need one please contact me.

gary.dwinal@bossplow.com

Posted

Hey Jim or Doug, if you have the drawings of the mount shoot them to me please!  Never hurts to have too much info and patterns right now :)

:BC:

Posted

I have one for the kitfox 1 Ill have my wife scan it tomorrow and Ill sent it off if you need it,

1 person likes this

Posted

If you got it from me, make sure you blot out the phone/fax# to Doug's bank that is on the side of it.  JImChuk

1 person likes this