LED landing lights

31 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I see only one controller listed separately. It is specifies 5 amp capacity in each channel, left and right. For most LEDs that seems pretty hefty, IMO. I would think there are other suppliers with differing amperage ratings.

Edited by KFfan
afterthought

Posted

Larry,

I am uncertain if you want the controller for the Crazed Pilot LED lights, or for the Vision X lights - I believe Leni tried to use the controller for Vision X or some other lights and it would not work with them.  I don't know if there are two different controllers for CP lights.  I have had these for about 2 or 3 years.

EDMO

Posted

Id like to use the crazed pilot controller for my installed lights.  Per the specs given, this should work. But I know Leni had trouble. I was hoping that the controller was updated to truely allow the spec that they advertise. 

Posted (edited)

I've got one of the flasher controllers made here in Missouri - Don't have a clue if it will work with just two LED lights, but I also have two 100 watt halogen landing lights that I could add to the LED circuit if I have to.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

How old is the crazed pilot set you want to sell, Ed?

Posted (edited)

How old is the crazed pilot set you want to sell, Ed?

From the papers in the box, I am guessing about the first of 2012.  No model number found.

Would you be better off to talk to Crazed Pilot and maybe buy the controller without the lights?

EDMO

Edited by EDMO