Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spring/Bush gear you tube video?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all, A year or two ago, someone posted a link to a video on youtube of them taxing on a paved runway and not using their feet to demonstrate the stability of the wider landing gear they built. Does anyone have that link or remember the title of the video. Thanks, Jim Chuk

Posted

I think it was bandit that posted it but I am not certain.

Posted (edited)

Interesting video Bandit,

I wish Joey would have made some videos when he was using his gear on rough ground.

Does the Tiny Tach just surface mount?  Got to get one or two!

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Thanks Leni, that would be me. Yes Ed, just two screws holds the tiny tach on.

1 person likes this

Posted

I was shocked at the restraint I had on myself for not hitting send on a reply I made to a certain post on the yahoo group... I should get an award for not making the yahoo top 10 asshole of the year award.

:BC:

Posted

I think the AHOTY award is already in my possession dude, so you'd have to challenge me for it.

:french11:

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey Leni, was that reply on the yahoo group on this same topic? Hope it wasn't a reply to what I said. ;-) Thanks for finding the video and posting it for me. Jim Chuk

1 person likes this

Posted

I don't know how you guys stand to even read that stuff. I gave up about the time they spent a month bickering over a spam email.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jim it was mr I have the most hours and I don't think I could do it therefore I doubt anyone else could do it and the video must be fake comment... after all those hours and all the professed dead stick practice I wonder how the super pilot could hit a concrete barrier everyone else was able to miss... including the bigger spam cans landing much faster :lol:

Posted

I totally missed out on "the concrete barrier" -

My instructors had me convinced that it was against the law to taxi straight in a taildragger -

maybe because I am too short to see over the IP ???

EDMO

Posted

Sorry guys I had to go over to the other side for a minute. Mr John M called me a fake. I had to clear that up. Glad I didn't have a snoot full,my reply might not have been so tame. Of course what do I know I do not have over 4000hrs in a Avid.

2 people like this

Posted

Hmmm..... we need to take a forum field trip... teach'em some manners over there :BC: It pissed me off too bandit.. I think it's the first time I've not spoke my mind about something like that. I had a weak moment and didn't say what I wanted too. I promise I won't let it happen again. :BC:

Posted

Hey Leni want to see some more bashing, watch my videos on the Rage 2 Bladed broadheads. Holy shit the tree huggers had a hay day with me. Ha Ha

1 person likes this

Posted

I didn't even know the Yahoo email list was still there...

Posted

Wow, I didn't mean to stir up this hornet's nest.  It is kind of funny though....  He he....  Jim Chuk

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh man, I gotta scoot over there and get my chuckle for the day now...

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry guys I had to go over to the other side for a minute. Mr John M called me a fake. I had to clear that up. Glad I didn't have a snoot full,my reply might not have been so tame. Of course what do I know I do not have over 4000hrs in a Avid.

Well his reply pissed me off even more... so I had to get in my .02. That attitude just hits me wrong.

1 person likes this

Posted

Damn you guys drug me in. Can't tell you how many landings I've made on jeep trails and levees that are only as wide as a vehicle. The closest I've ever came to wrecking my plane was landing on a big paved runway. These planes are certainly not Cubs or Champs. Knowing how to move your feet is an absolute must!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Joey,

Those concrete slabs are dangerous if you have the parking wheel in the back - better stick to country roads and trails!

EdMO

Posted

Hmmm..... we need to take a forum field trip... teach'em some manners over there :BC: It pissed me off too bandit.. I think it's the first time I've not spoke my mind about something like that. I had a weak moment and didn't say what I wanted too. I promise I won't let it happen again. :BC:

Can you share for us nosy people who don't want to go back to receiving 300 emails per day, or where does one sign up for that thingy?

Posted

300 per day?   :lmao:   They could only wish for that much traffic.  Maybe 3 or 4 on a busy day now...

But the better way is to go to this link.  No emails, but the worst format for a discussion forum.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks for sharing the link Av8r!

300/day was with 9 active email accounts running 8 websites and being mod on three forums at once. Major PITA.

I am down to monitoring only 6 email accounts these days... The group is completely private and I can't bring myself to sign up just to be nosy.

I just learned from one of my former members that "discussion forums are about to be replaced by Fakebook & other social media sites".

Oh well, I was going to retire anyways and move to Russia.

Posted

Too bad.  I don't Facebook and never will.

Posted

Too bad.  I don't Facebook and never will.

Facebook%20Friends_zpsql5ozzkq.jpeg

The sad truth is that people will "Like!" the obituary.

1 person likes this