Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

F7A

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Paul S,

Do you have any fixtures for making the F7A's?  Maybe someone else would like to buy them to make and sell F7A's.  Yes, KFfan, they are only for Avids, not Kitfox.

EDMO

Added:  Paul, if you want to keep your fixtures, maybe you could make a duplicate set and sell them in order to keep a supply of the parts for sale?

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

The early model kitfox will benefit from the f7a arms as well. I've put them on a model 1 and mod 2 and they do the sane for those as the avids. Remember the mod 1 and 2 are pretty much a direct copy of the early avids.

:BC:

Posted

I may be off-base here, but when I look at the picture of the F7/F7A comparison in this post . . .

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=2699&highlight=jabiru+mount

. . .  it almost looks like you could notch the underside of the original assembly, bend it to the proper angle and then reweld it and add a gusset to provide extra strength. The picture may not be a good reference, but it sure looks like it just might work. Any thoughts on this idea?

Posted (edited)

Someone should copy Doug Holly's post from TKF in above post and put it in Files and Forms on here for future reference.  I don't know how.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed the jig was very simple but it is build on a piece of 1/2" plate that I don't care to ship. Somebody can build their own in less than an hour with those measurements.

1 person likes this