Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

NLappos new bird

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Helping out a fellow forum member with getting his newly acquired Avid from CA to CT. We moved it to my hangar yesterday. A few mods and some test flights and it's headed for the East Coast.

Very nicely build MK4.

MK4.jpg

Three Avids in one Hangar

MK42.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Joey,

I think you just covered up your request for photos of the filler neck mounting for your 582 rad.  Nice photos tho...

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Are U copying the plumbing on the MKIV? I think the cooling system on the MK IV is very clean. Need a nice cowl lip and a lot of air exit area at the bottom to function correctly though!

Chris

Posted

Dang that's a nice looking airplane.

Posted

Chris No I am doing just a belly radiator and using a Kitfox filler neck. I will end up glassing my cowl over where the side scoop was. I would need a mountain of parts including an engine mount to do a 4 set up.

Posted

Joey  you might want to take a picture of the firewall,it was mod for the hose on the back of the bluehead. The plumbing on a greyhead is a little different. IThe bluehead can be installed without changing the firewall, but you have to chang the pluming and the hoses will run too close to the exhaust manifold.

Jim

Posted

Jim our cooling set ups are totally different. My bypass hose comes around the front of my engine because the radiator is behind the engine. I was looking at your old bird on Sunday trying to figure out the difference. I had to trim my cowl to clear the hose.

post-40-0-25290800-1433252995_thumb.jpg

post-40-0-50898000-1433253221_thumb.jpg

Posted

I Know , I was thinking for someone that was putting a blue head in a Mk 4.It might give them an idea. Sorry for the confusion.

Posted

I am following you now. I had a chance a pick up a mk4 fwf but for the price and time to swap it I could not justify it.

Posted

Nick spent some time with a CFI the past week and is now headed to the East coast in his new bird.