Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

desser 27" tundra

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Oh, you speak more than our old antique language - Kool - Slick - Gravy, Maybe that was Groovy?  :lol: Far-out.

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

*itchi*

Posted

Way to go Mike!  Makes that good looking bird even better!  I bet you will really like them in the rough and soft stuff.

Posted

I use 29" ABW with Matco brakes on a model 4 Kitfox.

The brakes were poor until I had Matco sleeve the master cylinders from 5/8" to 1/2".

Matco insists that for their brakes to work well, your pedal geometry and master cylinder bore needs to produce 600 psi pressure with reasonable pedal pressure.

Now they work good enough to stand it on the nose.

I was considering adding another caliper as Leni suggested but wanted to avoid the weight and complexity.

Posted (edited)

Wow, those are sexy!

I love a woman with "high heels"

I thought that my 22" Desser's were the ultimate non ABW for the kitfox. Those are truely a ABW competitor for the experimenatl market.

My ONLY concern is the weight. The 22" Dessers can soak up a ton of rough terrain and float nicely on soft ground. Can only imagine how well these 27" will perform.

Edited by rdooley79
1 person likes this

Posted

I am seriously considering grabbing a set of these since I have everything tore apart right now. Curious how much time you have one them now and what your thoughts are. Obviously off airport they will be superior but how are they are pavement? One of my biggest complaints of my Nancos is the width and one of them is off center and I get a pretty good bounce going when I taxi. I have to either speed up or totally stop to make it quit. I am worried about my 3/4 axles, single puck brakes, and the weight penalty.

Posted

well ill take some pictures tomorrow of the little paper thin molding strip that is still there after 15 pavement landinds .so they seem to be the same bullet proof rubber that the dessers are known for .they do make a cool noise when you land like a beaching sea lion ,then they roll to a stop shortly after ,but yet the takeoff roll almost seems shorter because of the height off the plane .lots of room to haul back on the stick with out the tail hitting

1 person likes this

Posted

Those look great Mike; hope you are putting them to good use.

Posted

Hey guys, I'll finish an Avid for you like the one I restored and sold to DynoMike. :-)

I have to admit after selling her and flying her I have kicked myself a couple times! Lol...

Posted

Hey Mike

Just to confirm, are these the Desser 27 10-8 tires?  (old posts and the links no longer work)

What 8” wheels and brake setup would you guys recommend?

For those folks running these tires, have they worn well?

thanks!

Posted

Mike,

Your plane is seriously starting to look too good to fly. You know, like one of those super awesome custom hot rods that you have to tow from place to place on a trailer because it is too nice to drive?

It really is beautiful.

Posted

Hey Mike

Just to confirm, are these the Desser 27 10-8 tires?  (old posts and the links no longer work)

What 8” wheels and brake setup would you guys recommend?

For those folks running these tires, have they worn well?

thanks!

Most of us are running the Kitfox ATV 8” rims. There’s a set for sale on here now. Mine have worn great although I try to stay off pavement to the max extent possible. 

Posted

You should see a little less braking ability. That's what I noticed due to the larger diameter.

John M