Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fuel Vent LInes

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone have any good pics on how you vented your header tank?  I have a Merle Williams triangular aluminum behind the seat.  Do you run a line back up to both wing tanks (I have one 6.6 gal each wing), or only to one?  Or something else?

Larry

Edited by LSaupe

Posted (edited)

Kitfox 4 manual instructs you to run a vent tube from the header tank to the right wing tank running next to tank feed line.  They caution about putting the zip-ties on too tight and pinching vent tube.

I see no reason that you couldn't put a T and run a vent tube to both wing tanks if you want to.

This tube just vents the header tank - The wing tanks have vent/pressure tubes in the fill caps.

Some Avid owners have just put a valve in the top of the header tank and only use it to bleed out air until tank is full.  Avid did not put the sight gage fittings, where you can put a T in the top fitting for a vent tube, or a vent tube fitting in the wing tanks.

EdMO

some owners have changed the feed lines to Gates rubber lines, which evidently do not omit odor like clear lines.

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Thanks Ed.