Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

FACET FUEL PUMPS ON EBAY???

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Anyone know the difference in the square pump and the round, cylindrical one?  Can either be rebuilt?

Is one better?

I know that Piper uses a check valve to keep the fuel from returning from carb, and gravity free-flow from tank to carb.

I have a list of specs from the Facet site, but don't know which is square / round...I think the round costs more?

I have a square one, but it is not the model I want for this plane and engine.

Any thoughts?

EDMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

The round pump I have maybe a facet? It has an internal replaceable filter,without weighing the round vs square i guess the square to be1/4 heavier.I doubt either can bu rebuilt .

The rounds were factory fitted to1980's subaru's and never gave trouble.

The square was fitted to mazda's including rotary's and occasionally would fail.

I hope this is of some help

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks Dusty,   Guess I will be buying a round pump.  Facet calls it the "Gold Flow".

I cant find the number of the one advertised on ebay as "Piper, Cessna" part # 40134 on the Facet charts.  That is a Facet number, but it is skipped on the chart I have.

Spruce sells the new Gold Flow Facet pumps for about $75, so I probably wont buy one from ebay.

EDMO

I had to chuckle as I read the Facet ad:  "Facet pumps are not approved for aircraft use", or some such words, but they sell them to spam can manufacturers.

Same thing for Eckland voltage regulators - and they are on some planes - Guess the lawyers are protecting the companies from lawsuits.

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed,

I used a facet, square one, from Vans Aircraft on a lycoming O-320 and it worked great. Puts out 6 PSI, but I don't know if that is what your engine needs. It is only $45 but No chance of a rebuild or internal filter change.

Here is a link to the vans page

http://www.vansaircraft.com/cgi-bin/store.cgi?ident=1436246905-266-645&browse=engines&product=pump-carb

Ron

Posted (edited)

Ron,

I think I will go with the Facet Gold Flow with the replacement filter.   I need 2 to 6 lbs for my Holly carb.  Would probably run with just gravity flow from wing tanks - at least I intend to test it that way before flight.

Thanks,

Ed

The guy who had "new" Facet 40134 pumps for $50 + $15 on ebay told me that he had no specs and there are

no Facet papers with them - I passed on that one - they are not listed on Facet site either.

Edited by Ed In Missouri