Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

September 11 never forget

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Will never forget getting ready to head to the airport at Deadhorse to go home after being at work for 6 weeks.  Got out of the shower and kicked on the TV while getting ready and saw the news.  I was shocked and dumbfounded at what I saw.  Shock was replaced with pure anger as we realized what had happened and that we were indeed under terrorist attack.  The images of people jumping out windows to escape the flames will never leave me.  I sat in a hotel room for a few days waiting to get a flight out as all airtraffic was shut down.  Those few little bastards shut down the entire nation for several days, who would have thought they could pull that off.

:beerchug: < to the soldiers who are now fighting in other countries, so we dont have to fight the terrorists on our own soil.  You have my everlasting support, thought and prayers.  Come home safe after you kick the shit out of them

:beerchug:  :beerchug:  < to the fallen ones, you wont be forgotten

1 person likes this

Posted

you_promised.jpg

I will never forget. Dressing for work at 8:46 AM on 9/11/2001, I stopped and sat on the edge of the bed, trying to comprehend what I saw on the TV. 16 minutes later following the second WTC plane strike, the numbness of realization set in and all I could muster was a single comment to my wife "thousands of innocent people are dying". Little did I know how many thousands would ultimately perish or tens of thousands be effected with their own private losses, including our community. Or, that over 30 countries would loose citizens that day in those evil moments of cold-blooded murder. But there were also countless untold Heroes that day, ordinary people of extraordinary courage. Some surviving I am certain to help us remember that day was not a military attack, but rather, an attack on a way of life. American Life. I know after that day and seeing how everyone came together to help out, Americans in general cared more for each other in that time than they had for a long time, and I was more proud to be an American than I ever had been before. I too pray America will never forget. To the innocent lost souls, God be with you; to the Heroes, God Bless You; to the families and friends who lost loved ones, may God give you peace and understanding like no other. To those that protect us; thank you, may God watch over and protect you.

2 people like this

Posted

powerfull words doug, very powerfull!

Posted

Awesome Doug! I was stationed in Europe at the time. I had just flown from London to Spokane, WA on the 10th. I was asleep at my Dad's house and he woke me up to the news. I was waiting for my unit to call me back home but they let me stay for a little while anyways. About 2 days after getting home from my leave most of the squadron packed up. I didn't get home for 80 days. It was an interesting time to say the least.

Here's to all our Military past present and future! Thank you

IMG_3228-2.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

To all of those have served or who are serving now (C5--  Thank you!), there are not words to communicate my gratitude.  To all of those who have given the ultimate, especially those of flight 93, I pray that their sacrifice will not be forgotten by the ignorant sheepish masses, I know that I will never forget them in my thoughts and prayers.

Nothing infuriates me more than hearing that the morons of DC have now made 9-11 into a day of SERVICE,  to the STATE!!  Communist bastards, especially the one in the white (whore) house.  To me this is the ultimate insult to the memory of those who gave all.

Posted (edited)

I was watching the cable guy hook up my internet and TV since we had just moved - When he called Denver to tell them to activate it, they said to turn on the TV, and that they were evacuating their building.   One month later, I came out of retirement and went back to work for the government for the next 4 years - I am a Charter member of Homeland Security, for whatever that paper is worth.

As Trump says,  "Make America strong, safe, and great again",  God bless the Americans and all who have suffered or served.   My family has served this country since before 1755, and I am proud to have done my duty too.

"NEVER FORGET"!   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Remember

Reflect

Respect

Never forget

Posted

Never forget!!

image.jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Very moving Memorial and Museum. 

http://911Memorial.org

image.thumb.jpeg.25f2c225e96116d1c7d4dc3image.thumb.png.fa5f2d32df26d001c960e36b 

2018 9/11 Tribute in Light video: https://youtu.be/ivgTiP55psU

Edited by dholly
2 people like this

Posted

Thank you :flag: