Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Source for 582 Water hose??

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I was told that Fleabay had hose sets for 583/617 that would work but darned if I can find one. The only thing I found was from a 1987 sled and was used...no thanks. CPS sells for $96!!!! Has to be a better option than that. Mine was rubbing on the backside a little bit and put a small chaff on the hose. I'm sure it's serviceable but beings I'm replacing everything under the cowling and my system is empty right now I figured I would change it. EDMO you seem to be the Ebay guy can you keep a look out? I'm looking for #29 in the attached diagram.

post-40-0-54724800-1436895203_thumb.jpg

Posted

When I redid my hoses I just went to the parts store and rummaged around all the preformed radiator hoses and got a couple of hoses that had the right ID and the bends that I wanted and then cut them and joined them with a 4" long piece of copper hose and a couple hose clamps.. It was under 20 bucks if I remember right and I had the parts I needed right then to make it work.  But I think your a little more anal than I am when it comes to "presidential solutions"  :lmao:

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

Joey,

I didn't find any on fleabay - maybe you can use the Leni - Autoparts / radiator shop method?

Posted

I may just be able to cut 1/2" out of it around the bad spot and reconnect with a 1" coupler.

Posted

Joey,

If it rubs there, then some copper/aluminum/brass pipe in that area might save future rubbing?

EDMo

Posted

Use the piece you cut out, split it down the middle and wrap it around the main hose where it's rubbing. That's what I did on all locations where hoses including gas lines touch anything that can rub through it.

:BC:

1 person likes this

Posted

To stop chaffing I use plastic tube(the sort that Is split lengthwise and is sort of concertina pattern) auto electrical and truck parts suppliers carry the larger 1inch?size (most cars have something similar under the bonnet )

This will do sharp bends and when secured with safety wire or zippies is very tidy.

If your hose isn't badly damaged you can possibly just protect it this way considering 582's run very low pressure

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks guys I use the split hose method in several other spots but this one was on the backside and was hiding until I had the engine out and right side up.

Posted

Screw you Rotax!! Made the $96 hose for $23 with parts from the local parts house today.

post-40-0-82744000-1437276865_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this