Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

But Rib Fuel Line Routing

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone have have pics of the fuel line routing at the but rib (where the wing tank lines enter the cockpit)?  I am planning to drill holes to match those on the wing rib, but though I would check to see if there are any other better options/thoughts out there.

Larry S.

Posted (edited)

Larry,

I might have some Fox / Avid manual photos - but if you have to leave extra tubing for folding wings, then why not just loop it thru the opening in the butt ribs?   Where are you going to put your shutoff valve?

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Hi Ed:

My but ribs are fabric covered (open only in the sight glass center hole), so... may most likley drill holes through the wood sections.  My shut off valves are located on the 45 degree struts/tubing leading up to the rib area.

Posted (edited)

Mine will be Avid Magnum fiberglass - so guess I will run the line thru a large grommet.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

The fuel line and the vent line both run forward now but when I made the holes the fuel line ran down the diagonal like you want.  I used a little sander drum on a dremmel to enlarge the holes a little at a time while I swung the wings back and forth to check how the fuel lines were acting when folding the wings.

post-130-0-18925400-1437572916_thumb.jpg

Posted

perfect, thanks for posting!