Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Float Install 582

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I investigated a squawk the previous flying owner of my KF2 with a 582 mod 90 had. At low RPMs one of the carbs was dumping fuel. As near as I can tell (missing logs) it has 253 hours and 15 years on it. I found the aft float of the aft carb was less buoyant than the forward float. I chose to order a new one for replacement. Today I had the opportunity to install the new float. Prior to assembling the bowl to the body, I added fuel to the bowl and found that the new float had more buoyancy than the forward float. The aft float was riding higher by the diameter of the horizontal pin in the float. Following assembly, I cranked the engine until the bowl was full, with no fuel dump. I removed the bowl and both floats and measured from the top of the fuel to the top of the bowl at .5â€, as it should be. Based on the result, I am ordering 3 more floats so all 4 will be new. I would hate to ask myself during a tough situation, “Why didn’t I replace them all?â€.

Lou

Edited by KFfan

Posted

I just ran my new motor for the first time a few days ago. Just prior to the start up I turned on the fuel to check for leaks. After a few minutes gas started pouring out of the air filter. Pulled the float bowl and one float was hung up and not floating. Easy fix but they are sensitive for sure!