Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CREE?

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Can someone tell me, without too much deep technical talk, What CREE means in connection with LED lights?

I have figured out, or read, that this is "advanced technology", or, "2nd Generation",

but don't have a clue as to what the difference is between CREE and plain LED lights.

Is it "better" or BS?

Thanks,

EdMO

What little research I have done indicates that when listed, means that the light contains CREE Company LED chips, but don't state which chips -  Could be the older ones? - The new CREE Inc., #1520 LEDs will produce 2x Lumens from 50% power of their older types - (does that mean 4x efficiency?) -

guess this is developing technology, like everything else - Time will tell...

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Cree is just a manufacturer of LED light bulbs.  If it stands for anything else, it must be a secret.  Their website doesn't give out much useful information.

Posted (edited)

I read a technical report about how they are using new technology, combining light colors for brighter whiter output using less power in a new chip, combined with new optics to boost light.

It was about 2 flight levels over my head, so that's about all I can say - Guess they will brag about it someday.

I asked because some LED lights are listed as CREE, and I didn't know what that meant. 

Now I know that it is the company name.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri