Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Jury struts to lift struts (clamp)

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Is this a special clamp?  My bird is missing all four.  Is this a Adel type clamp?  If so, anyone have a source for these or know material?

Posted (edited)

If you are talking about the jury strut clamp that goes around the strut, mine have been boxed up, and the Kitfox 1 book does not show them.   However, the Kitfox 4 manual does show them, and I am attaching a copy of that page.  I don't have a part number, but you can make them easily.

They are just a 1/2" or 3/4" steel strap, like an Adel, that goes around the strut and fastens with a 3/16" diameter bolt.  My KF1 and 2 were just steel straps on steel struts - The KF4 picture looks like there may be a rubber pad between them - Can't tell.  Looks to me like an Adel would work just as well - maybe a padded one?

My early ones got tight before the gap was closed up ???

EdMO

Click on picture to enlarge it.

post-399-0-89693300-1438483009_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Yep, that is was I was looking for, thanks Ed.  My manual had the words, but no images.

Posted

I wouldn't use an adel clamp for that.  The strap used on mine is quite a bit heavier than an adel clamp.

:BC:

Posted

Far heavier than an adel clamp. Not padded, either. After rigging i put a tack weld on each one to keep them in position.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I stand corrected - clamp is maybe .060  thick -  about same as flattened end of .035 wall jury struts.

Early main struts were .035 wall - KF1 was 3/4 dia, later, either KF2 or 3 were 7/8 dia., 

KF4 struts are .049 wall x 1" dia...

mine and Leni's are .058 x 1" dia.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri