installation manual for F210

8 posts in this topic

Posted

The install and operating manual for the Navman F210

F210 manual.pdf

Posted

Mine should be here any day.

Posted

Got my F210 yesterday. Looks like a nice unit. My only complaint is the gobs of cord it comes with. I guess it was for a boat though. That stack of cord probably weighs half a pound. I'm trying to decide where to put my transducer in at. My filter is just in front of my seat in front of my shutoff valve, both of which are after the header tank. I'd like to have the transducer after the filter so I can tell if it's nearing a blocked condition. I was thinking I would put it just before my line goes through the firewall. That would minimize wiring I have to run through my plane too. Any thoughts Leni?

Posted

sounds like a good place to jump it in at.  If you can put it outside the firewall, can you mount it vertical, or atleast on a 45?  The one in my plane is on a 45, I tried to mount mine horizontal on the boat, and it did not like it..

Posted

Was going to put my flow meter in today until I realized that the barbs on the transducer are 3/8" ID not OD. My fuel line would not fit over it. I'm going to to have to get a 1/4" to 3/8" fitting I guess. I scratched putting it by my engine mostly because I would have to drill a 3/4" hole in the firewall to get that 5 pin plug routed through it. There's not much room and it says to keep it away from heat and vibration too. I'm going to put it at a 45 where my line comes out from under my seat and goes up the passenger side wall to the firewall. I have my filter right there too so I can see it while flying.

Do you think it would be possible to cut the line from the transducer to the guage and splice it back together? That thing has like 25 feet of line with it. It's a pound at least of excess cable and then I would have to find a place to hide the excess. I only need 3 feet maybe. My brother is an electrician and pretty good with that stuff. I just don't know how sensitive the capaticance of that wire is to give the proper readings at the guage. Thoughts?

Posted

I dont know about cutting the transducer wires.. I would not but that is just me.

I used a 3/8" barbed fitting from the header tank to the transducer, then stepped it down with a 3/8" X 1/4" fitting after the transducer on mine.

:beerchug:

Posted

Thanks Leni! I got ahold of my brother who is a electronics guru and he did some research and actually found a site showing how to cut down that exact cable. I mailed it to him today for him to take care of it for me. I am going to cut it down to 4 feet. It will still have some access but that way if I end up having to move my transducer around I will have some options.

Posted

I got my gauge mounted in my dash and wired up today. I ran out of time before I got the transducer put in the line though. Got in a 0.8 of Halloween flying before I took my cowling off. I used a 2" hole saw to cut the hole in my panel. The only issue I had is the piece that holds the gauge into the hole was designed for a something a bit thicker. Even with the screw in the back of the gauge tight the gauge was not tight in the hole. I wrapped some black tape around the gauge and tightened it back up and it worked great. I'm going to put my tiny tach I've had sitting here for a while in while I have the cowling off also. I have 14.1 on the hobbs now.