Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avidfoxflyers.com On Facebook

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I hope my posts don't bother anyone, except maybe the friendly feud I have going with that certain "antique-taildragger with waterwings flyer" in Alaska!   :lol:  At least he gets a Christmas card from me each year, and hasn't kicked me off of the site - yet!  I think he is jealous that I can park my bird level without waterwings!

But my answers to builders are meant to be helpful, with the best info I have.

I have made a lot of posts just to stir the pot and get some interesting comments posted...Wake UP Y'all!

EdMO 

Hey Ed, I was just giving you heck - and hit the wrong smiley face which made it look wrong.  Fixed it now (and I guess that boo boo made my point!)

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

I enjoy reading all of the post on here I have not been posting a lot but I would like to make a comment I look on  youtube for videos on Avids and kitfox it does me good to see the videos there.It helps me get back to working on mine this site is has a lot of good people on it and good advice. Are there any way to post videos to help promote this site? maybe some fly-ins, videos of the people that has their airplanes built. As a Builder I sometimes need something to get me motivated I work by myself  and it can get over whelming so we all need some encouragement to get our projects in the air.Are there anyone building or flying around Brooksville Florida?

thanks Bob 

Posted (edited)

Good post Bob,

I am almost alone in my building, and have been hampered since 2012 by a torn rotary cuff in my right shoulder.  I only ask for help when I cant lift something.

This site has been a gold-mine of info, and very good company to keep while I can only work for a short time at building.

Mark,

I understood.  ;<)

Jim,

I have new Pink shirts ordered for the nose-dragger - I wear camo in the taildraggers so no one can see me!  :lol:

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I check this web site a few times a day. I don't post much because you guys have all the answers. I will comment on my field of expertise, painting, but the rest of it , I am still learning. 

Posted (edited)

Cliff,

We are all learning - I have been at this for 25 years, and still learn from newcomers.  Your input and wisdom of experience is appreciated.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

post-36-0-82884900-1439436124.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

I have been a member for several months now and have found this fourum very useful in building my KF IV. I don't do FB. I tried the other site and felt like a bastard child. I don't post much as I was raised being told if I don't have anything intelligent to say, keep my mouth shut. I am getting there though

Don't be afraid to ask questions, we have lots of free advice to give.

Posted

Use of FB caused a serious rift between my son and his two sisters. It was all because no one could sense the tone and intent of the posts. Kind of like a 2nd grade playground spat! Two of the 3 refuse to communicate. They even carried it to their Mother's funeral. How assinine!

Social media is alright when used for its intended purpose. It has just all gotten way out of hand for sake of money!!

(stepping down) :soapbox:

Go out in public and watch how many people are on their phones. I would be willing to bet most of them are on fb. You can not carry on a decent conversation without somebody checking fb while talking to them. Pisses me off!
2 people like this

Posted

The list of active topics is growing again. :sharedoobie:

Let Facehook and its mindless slaves be what it wants to be.

Youtube is a BITCH to have to promote a forum. Its even more counterproductive and ineffective than Facebook.

We can Add 10,000 Followers to your twitter account for only $39!! Cheap & Fast Delivery!

Never forget how "real" all of these social media outlets are...

Posted

I enjoy reading all of the post on here I have not been posting a lot but I would like to make a comment I look on  youtube for videos on Avids and kitfox it does me good to see the videos there.It helps me get back to working on mine this site is has a lot of good people on it and good advice. Are there any way to post videos to help promote this site? maybe some fly-ins, videos of the people that has their airplanes built. As a Builder I sometimes need something to get me motivated I work by myself  and it can get over whelming so we all need some encouragement to get our projects in the air.Are there anyone building or flying around Brooksville Florida?

thanks Bob 

Bob,

I'm in Lake City (15FL), but my Avid is still in Illinois.  It will make the trip down in the next truck/trailer run, but I'm burned out on that 2,000 mile round trip, so it may be a bit.  When I get it down here, it needs recovered, and basically overall restored, so it will be in building mode for a while.  Plus I have to make the rigging for the floats I bought from Jim.  I plan on putting the floats on, and then trailering it to a nearby body of water, I doubt I'll have the wheels on it again.  That'll settle the nosedragger/taildragger debate!  :french11:

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't watched cartoons since my children got too old to watch Mutant Ninja Turtles - and that was about 40 years ago!

I liked the Roadrunner and Wylie Coyote....

EdMO

Posted

I haven't watched cartoons since my children got too old to watch Mutant Ninja Turtles - and that was about 40 years ago!

I liked the Roadrunner and Wylie Coyote....

EdMO

I tend to watch King Of The Hill and Cleveland Brown...

Its amazing what they get away with on those programs!

Posted (edited)

I was married to a Masters Level Social Worker for some miserable years - A psychologist / Socialologist like her would say that  my enjoyment of the Roadrunner cartoons reveals what a deranged and violent mind I have!  Maybe that was after I offered to shoot her.  Ha!

That was back in the latter days when Jane Russell was condemned for advertising a Maidenform bra on TV, and swimsuits were all one piece...Times have sure changed.

EdMO

And, This thread has really been highjacked !!!  Ha!

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

I haven't seen any chastisement from admins like would likely pop up rather quickly, as on another forum...

I think its still under control...  :sharedoobie:

Edited by KFfan
1 person likes this

Posted

I'm enjoying this - it's a great read and very entertaining!

1 person likes this

Posted

We've been lied to for decades.

Coyotes can run up to 45 mph.  Roadrunners are only capable of approximately 20 mph.

It's all a big conspiracy by Warner Brothers and Big Brother!  I'll never believe a cartoon again.

3a3ee669d9703cd2b72bae5c3d8dea7f.jpg

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The world glorifies those dinosaur leftovers anyway - some folks like parrots or canaries - I like Popeye's spicy fried chicken!   :lol:

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri
1 person likes this

Posted

I was married to a Masters Level Social Worker for some miserable years - A psychologist / Socialologist like her would say that  my enjoyment of the Roadrunner cartoons reveals what a deranged and violent mind I have!  Maybe that was after I offered to shoot her.  Ha!

That was back in the latter days when Jane Russell was condemned for advertising a Maidenform bra on TV, and swimsuits were all one piece...Times have sure changed.

EdMO

Then again, you were first married when rubber boots were still made out of wood.

I haven't seen any chastisement from admins like would likely pop up rather quickly, as on another forum...

I think its still under control...  :sharedoobie:

Has Lenny ever chastised a member here? Honest question, I've never seen him bitch at someone...

Derailed topics are a sign for a healthy group of people.

Posted (edited)

Once, He accused me of eating lead-paint chips. Does that count?

Edited by Av8r3400
1 person likes this

Posted

Once, He accused me of eating lead-paint chips. Does that count?

Haven't MOST of us done that? There didn't used to be an alternative...

Posted

Whats wrong with eating lead paint chips?

Posted

Whats wrong with eating lead paint chips?

Too much trans-fats in them!

Posted

They make fat free and low fat ones now though..... I like them in a bowl with milk and half of a banana for breakfast..... Jim Chuk

Posted

And, You think we are "Healthy People"?   :lol:

EdMo