Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

End number?

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Saw this on Barnstormers this morning....not shitting you....Does he mean "N" number maybe?

END NO. FOR AVID CHAMPION • WANTED • looking for a end no. for avid champion .does anybody have one?

Posted

You figured out more than I did when I read it yesterday.

Thought perhaps he was trying to find the last kit serial number??

Posted

I got a laugh out of it as well. Almost emailed him but didn't. Maybe though he means the # that goes on the "end" of the airplane......Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

I was guessing he meant the last kit number for that model of Avid - But maybe he is looking for a Registration and N-number to put on his plane?

I wish someone would email him about it.

I wouldn't know an Avid "Champion" from an Avid Flyer A,B,C,IV,Bandit, unless they painted a sign on it!

What makes it "different", and what model is it a variation of?

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I believe the Champion was Avid's single seat ultralight model.  Jim Chuk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I believe the Champion was Avid's single seat ultralight model.  Jim Chuk

Jim,

Was it a light Avid, with N-numbers (E-AB)? Or was it an "Ultralight" that may have been in that class?

Think maybe someone let the time to change from Ultralight to N-numbered expire, or was that only for the 2-seaters?

I'm not sure how all that worked since I never owned or flew an Ultralight.

EdMO

Guess this was good for the "Joke" section, but has some serious side questions too.

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Most so called ultralights are actually heavier or faster than what the UL regs. allow. Some people built and registered them like a regular aircraft. There is no mimimum weight for an Experimental Amatuer built aircraft that I'm aware of, so I think an aircraft that met the UL regs could be registered and have an N #. If you do a search on the FAA data base you will find Quicksilvers registered as aircraft, and they are the symbol for an ultralight. The time to register "fat" ultralights has expired, and that applies to single seat ULs as well as two seaters. Jim Chuk

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey Ed,

I think this is a Champion:

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_1055114_Avid+Flyer.html

It doesn't say it is, but that's what I remember them looking like in years ago when I saw one in a magazine. I think it was similar to the Kitfox Lite.

Edited by Luked

Posted (edited)

Hey Ed,

I think this is a Champion:

http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_1055114_Avid+Flyer.html

It doesn't say it is, but that's what I remember them looking like in years ago when I saw one in a magazine. I think it was similar to the Kitfox Lite.

Thanks Luke,

You and Jim Chuk have furthered my Avid education.

Cute plane.

EdMO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Joey,

The poor guy sounds like a newguy on an errand from the senior NCO. Are you sure you didn't send him on the quest?

I have 50 feet of shoreline that he might need, or at least 2 buckets of steam!

Nick

2 people like this

Posted

Some of the ads you see on barnstormers are pretty entertaining. If you can't spell the type of engine that's in your plane I am going to be pretty leary about buying something from you. Just one example.... My fav was the Rotex 642 powered Kitfox. Or the ones that were first flown in 1989 with 76 hrs total time but the ad says flown regularly so times will change. I like the fact that they don't edit ads so they can keep the costs down but sometimes I think they should.

Posted

He might want paperwork and a N number for a ultra light Avid so his would be legal.