Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Low priced Avid on floats for sale

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Just saw this on Barnstormers.   Don't know any more about it than what I see in the add.  Jim Chuk

AVID FLYER • $13,000 • MUST SELL • Avid flyer with low time 582, 2 11gal wing tanks, full lotus floats with retractable gear, factory cargo pod, 31 inch alaskin bush tires.flies great. Call with questions. Richard greer 360-624-6319. • Contact Richard greer D. Greer - EVERLAST POWDERCOATING, Owner - located Woodland, WA USA • Telephone: 3606246319 . • Posted October 1, 2015 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

1x1.gif

scaled_bf11_120x67_1009038-20150405_1501 scaled_9b67_120x67_1009038-20150218_1802 scaled_d5e3_120x67_1009038-20150928_1749 scaled_f1dc_120x67_1009038-20150928_1749 scaled_1e20_120x67_1009038-1_560d55f08fa

Posted

Looks like a good deal! If it were on the east coast and I didn't already have a project, I'd go for it.

Posted

good deal for sure.love the paint

Posted

It's got LEDs and them there Alaskin wheels

Posted

It's actually an A model judging by the doors.  They are 36" wide and had a gross weight originally of 750 lbs or so if my memory is right.  Cute though.  Jim Chuk

Posted

That is pretty slick! Love the Amphibs...

Posted

There's another A model on there being advertised as a MK4.

Posted

I am in town looking at this plane. The logs are a mess. Tomorrow I talk with the seller. Question for all of you, have you ever heard of coating the bush tires with some kind of bedliner? Rhino spray in from auto parts house. Owner claims this protects the rubber bush tires... Also, does there need to be a weight and balance for both tires and floats?

Thanks guys,

Posted

I've heard of guys using bed liner to extend the life of bush tires.  The guys over at "BackCountryPilots.org" swear by it...

Yes there should be a weight and balance for each configuration.  

Posted

- IMHO, a below market price may be indication the package comes with some undesirable baggage, be it no/bad/suspect logs or damage history with poor repair etc. Sure there might be some sort of true 'gotta sell immediately' financial emergency, but it seems most of those are usually quickly disposed of within the local flying community by word of mouth. I know after chasing planes across multiple states, a well built and maintained floatplane in good flying condition would not last long with a 25-50% discount to market... I probably would have bought it!

- Yes. There was talk on this site some time ago about using bed liner on tires that included a link to the topic on backcountry site. Try a couple searches here, you might be able to find it. IIRC, the guy swore by it and no one outright panned it. Sounded like he was not the only one who tried and found some benefit.

- Yes. You will need an accurate W&B on wheels, as that is required to establish the correct location for mounting floats.

- Yes. You will need an accurate W&B on floats, as CG tends to move forward when on floats, to establish safe operating limitations for the float plane after alteration.

Posted

I want to first say thanks to all of you that replied, I always get great answers and guidance from this forum, After some close inspection of the history and the logs as well as the plane itself, we reached a price that I feel was very fair and made my 400 mile drive worthwhile. Thanks again all!  

Posted (edited)

I guess I may be a little late to post on this - But, I think that Suberavid (Randy) in Alaska, said that he coats his tires with bedliner.

Congrats on the purchase - Keep posting about it - We love photos!

EdMO

Question:  I am told that Avid tanks are 14 gal, and Kitfox tanks are 13 gal - So what gives with the ads 11 gal tanks?

EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

That was indeed a good deal. If I was suppose to be there, I would have purchased it.