Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

my wing mod: hybrid speed stol

28 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have one of those tachs that I found in my Barnfind. I had no idea they made other instruments as well. Any idea what year your Kit came from the factory? I would get you a 0-100mph AS indicator. Your normal flying window will be about 60-80. The scale is way too big on that one...just my two cents.

Joey,

Looking at his IAS, it goes below 20 for the low-end markings - that should be good, even if he cant get over 80 top end - Some of them only go down to 40.   I think Mine is like his for "Fast Foxy Flapper" Ha!

EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Anybody have a rib to a Kitfox 1. I can't seem to get the shape of the rib tails coppied to paper accurately to fabricate to the rib tail modification. Engineers on here make me look like a monkey. :) How can I measure this thing?  A drawing of the kitfox 1 ribtail? I actually fabricated the brackets but I did it by hand and I think I need to have these things cnc cut with more percision. Maybe they are good enough but i'd rather do perfect work. 

20180501_170049.jpg

Edited by Durham66

Posted

If I was going to make the brackets you need, I would either use some angle, or bend some up, (maybe 3/8" x 1" x .040")   then make a slice in the bottom of the trailing edge aluminum along the side of the rib tail, just wide enough to slide the bracket into that slot.  Then just remove the top 1/8" of the part of the bracket that will be inside of the fabric.   That would position that part of the bracket up against the bottom of the top cap strip.  Epoxy everything back together and you should be good to go.   YMMV, suggestion worth what you paid for it.   JImChuk