Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HOW DO YOU CLEAN KITFOX SEATCOVERS?

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Any suggestions of cleaning agents, washing or whatever?

EDMO

Posted (edited)

I find a soapy solution (laundry soap, dish soap, etc, it doesn't matter) and a shop vac together work best.   Blot the seat with wetted cloth, about 6-12" sections at a time and immediately vacuum the area 'dry'.  When done, do the same thing with clean water to rinse.  Blot, vac, blot vac.

The blotting loosens the dirt, and the vac removes it.  then the blotting loosens the soap and the vac removes that too, along with any dirt that didn't come during the soap phase.  If you get the soapy solution too concentrated then the rinse phase will take more effort.

Edited by Knuckledragger
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I have two sets of seat covers that I don't need - the Tan set is clean, but I think the Red set is going to need Simple Green, or something a little stronger than soap.  The Red set must have belonged to a greasy mechanic!

EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

For those of us who are "privileged", how would a carpet cleaner with a upholstery attachment work? Anyone tried it?

Lou

Posted

I have two sets of seat covers that I don't need - the Tan set is clean, but I think the Red set is going to need Simple Green, or something a little stronger than soap.  The Red set must have belonged to a greasy mechanic!

EdMO

Use mineral spirits on the greasy stuff.  Should take it right out.

Posted

Tough Stuff. Comes in a tall yellow can. Works amazing and can work small or large areas.

Posted

Tough Stuff. Comes in a tall yellow can. Works amazing and can work small or large areas.

Thanks Joey, I will check it out.

EdMO