Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Skining doors (Model IV Doors)

34 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry, I forgot that you are in "North Illinois"  (WI).

Careful, Ed.  I used to like you.  A comment like that and I don't know any more.  I ain't no FIB... 

Posted (edited)

Careful, Ed.  I used to like you.  A comment like that and I don't know any more.  I ain't no FIB... 

You have to excuse me Larry - I am a historian, and remember all the fights about dividing up the "Northwest Territory" - Still don't see how they let Michigan get the UP, or Minnesota got Duluth - Must have been a real battle for "Indiana Territory"!  I think the "Hoosiers" did OK to keep Chicago and Oh Bummer!  :lol:

EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Red Larry,

In case you missed my earlier post - Please read the posts in site above in "First Flight ......"  (forgot what it was) and Ed Downs book  - and don't do any more high-speed taxi unless you want to fly.

EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Joey (C5Engineer), Dusty, and Larry3400 posted the best advice on first flight tonight.

EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Great job 3400 - we are keeping up with your progress and improvements on Mangy.  Sorry, I forgot that you are in "North Illinois"  (WI).

RED Larry,   Please read my posts above in "First Flight" with the caution about high-speed taxi, and the Ed Downs Book.

Good Flying to you too.

EDMO

Thanks for the heads-up Ed.  Good advice and I do have the Ed Downs book.  I was in communication with an instructor also on the ground, who has flown these birds before.  Actually tail up training was standard fair when I got my tailwheel endorsement (most of the training was in Champs, Husky and Cub).  Obviously those are quite a different bird than the Kitfox variants. The taxi checks behavior was very good (though my larger tail surfaces and wider gear may have helped in that regard).  It actually behaved just like the Husky I did my biannual in last month.  Your advice is more than warranted and very much appreciated.  I "assumed" again and it could have bit me.  Thanks for the heads-up on this!

Edited by LSaupe
1 person likes this

Posted

Larry,

Wishing a great first flight for you.   It sounds like you were probably more secure with your taxi tests than I was hearing about them.

Right now I am wondering if my eyes are failing, or did all of my print on here suddenly become slanted for some strange reason -  Maybe its leaning forward for "takeoff" ???

EdMO

Posted

First flight was this AM.  She flew beautifully right out of the gate.  Hands free and very stable.  Didnt even have to do anything with the elevator trim.  What an amazing bird. 

Thanks again for all the help from everyone!

Larry S.

1 person likes this

Posted

Great!  All that work is now going to pay off.  Enjoy!  Jim Chuk

Posted

Your exuberance is palpable...

Congratulations!