Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

My new 1450 Full lotus floats

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Got those sweet puppies almost dialed in. Need to drop the rear struts about another half inch and she will be perfect. Got to fly an external load today as I could not get the Zodiac inside the plane. I figured I would have a bit of rolling issues or yaw, but there was none. Cruised it over at 5800 and 77 MPH on the ground 85 IAS.

:beerchug:

post-2-1256321656633_thumb.jpg

post-2-12563216874477_thumb.jpg

post-2-12563217191735_thumb.jpg

Posted

Looking good, Leni.  With floats that long, do you have any problems rotating?  Any need for the ventral fin?  You must really be light on the water, eh?

Jack 

Posted

NO problem rotating.  The tail section of these 1450s are real short, with lots of float area from the step forward.  I do need a ventral fin, as it is a real workout to keep the ball centered without them... I will build one this winter when I pull the floats off.. right now I have too much playing to do :lol:

With the 1450s I am VERY light on the water only takes a few inches to be free floating ( I love it).  The 1450s are the same length float as the 1260s, they are just 15" longer from the step forward, and have shorter tails.

Posted

Looks pretty sweet! Anymore info on putting a gear box on that 800?

Posted

Leni,

I have a ventral fin you can borrow if you want.  Use it to make a pattern or use it as a starting point for one of your own design.  Let me know what you want to do.

Jack

Posted

Leni,

Let me know when you can come by the house.  I'll be working and away from the house until around 1230 pm, should be home right after lunch.  Call me at 333-2235.

Jack

Posted

Hey it finally worked..looks awesome

Posted

it seems that if I try to add more than one pic, it times out and gives the white screen of death.. I can go in and view my individual posts, but it wont display them... This software is really starting to piss me off as there are way to many functions I cant do that I would like to.  Looks like the site is gonna start costing me money to upgrade to better software that I can fully customize!

Posted

WOW Leni,

Was that landing on tires or floats? It looks like clear water to the left of you. I can't wait to put the floats on mine, if I ever get endorsed to solo in taildragger, that is.

I really like this site and maybe if there was a Paypal account it would be real easy to donate to a worthy cause. Just a thought.

Keep up there great work!

Posted

I pitch in 10 bucks a year on two others forum I surf

Posted

I'd pitch in, too.

:siterocks:

Posted

That is my 9' zodiac rolled up on the float for chasing dead ducks.. I land in the river then taxi up the mud bank and stop on the grass so I dont get too muddy :lol:

I am a contributing member on several snowmobile sites also so I know how the donation thing works, I was just trying to stay away from pissing people off.  I will check into the Invision software tomorrow and see if they can do a seamless transition with no loss of pictures or data.  The invision software gives all the options we could ever want and has alot more powerful control panel. 

Posted

Test to see if I can un hose this thread again

post-2-12563255085919_thumb.jpg