Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ivo spinner on warpdrive

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I thought I would share this adaptation I stumbled on while drinking beer at the hanger .when I put the ivo ifa on my avid I was left with the unused scull cap spinner .much to my surprise when I held it up to my 670 powered float plane the cap fit tightly around the warp drive outer backing plate.

I used a small piece of steel and a 5 1/2 bolt ,drilled the welded to keep from spinning while tightening the 1/4 nut on the outside.

I think these spinners are available for sale separately for 50 bucks.

And yes I did take it back off and painted  the steel

20151013_160843.jpg

20151013_172910.jpg

Posted

Neat! Notice any balance issues?

Posted (edited)

I've never seen a backing plate on a Warp Drive hub - Mine don't have one ???  The skull cap spinners come in different diameters, and some have a U-shaped bracket with a screw in the end of the spinner instead of a nut like yours has.

The nice part of using a skullcap spinner instead of a full spinner is that you can get to the prop blade bolts without removing the spinner.

EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

No balance issues .I did balance the steel piece before  welding the bolt to it .

Ed .not sure what they're called but meant the round piece in this picture from there site

2 bld std.jpg

Posted

No balance issues .I did balance the steel piece before  welding the bolt to it .

Ed .not sure what they're called but meant the round piece in this picture from there site

2 bld std.jpg

I will have to ask Daryl about that part.   I notice no safety wire on the bolt heads - Are there nuts on the backside of mounting bolts, cotter keys?

EDMO