Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

582 / 532 RADIATOR FOR SALE

21 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Someone was looking for a 582 belly radiator a while back - I now have a factory-provided used one for sale.  Got a heater and other parts too.

Actually about 99% of a Kitfox 3 with bent-up front end, and a spare Kitfox 1 clone with lots of parts for each, plus more.  (Kitfox Junkyard!)

PM me for wanted parts....EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Uh-oh.  Did mama say either clean out the shed or you both are going to wind up on the curb for the junk man?

Posted (edited)

Uh-oh.  Did mama say either clean out the shed or you both are going to wind up on the curb for the junk man?

Worse than that Larry - Got to get the plane and parts off of HER patio and stored in MY cluttered shed before winter!  I think I have enough parts to build about 3 1/2 Kitfoxes - trying to catch up with Jim Chuk's total of 5, but have less room and no dozer to bury them with!

I think the wife is wanting me to invest in a tombstone!  :lol:Heck, I am only 74!

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Tombstone? Pretty inexpensive. You are talking pizza, right?

Posted (edited)

I now have both the 532 and 582 rads, but I haven't had a chance to get the 532 out of storage to compare them - I am thinking it may be smaller than the 582 rad.  My Soob rad is about 2 or 3 times as big, but hope to get most of it under the cowl.

For the Avid flyers who don't like a belly rad hanging down, Kitfox, and maybe our fiberglass supplier(?) has a horizontal pan to cover the belly rad, and I guess it works, although someone posted that it is harder to clean the rad with it under the pan.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Ed,

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=6855    I'm not proficient on 2 stroke or any liquid cooled aircraft engine terms,  but I assume a watercooler and radiator are the same thing?  Might sent that fellow and email of you can ship overseas.

-Joshua

Posted

Ed,

http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=6855    I'm not proficient on 2 stroke or any liquid cooled aircraft engine terms,  but I assume a watercooler and radiator are the same thing?  Might sent that fellow and email of you can ship overseas.

-Joshua

If you could contact him and get him on our AFF site, I would talk to him by PM - The only way I can email him thru his address on TKF is to start another email account - I have crashed this computer too many times to try anything new outside of this site.  I could put it on ebay for him.

EDMO

Posted

Sent him an email to contact you via AFF, and I'm only going to charge you a 60% or a KF-3 airframe finders fee! ;)  

Hope it works, good luck!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks,  maybe at least I can save him $$$ over what a new one costs.

EdMO

Posted

Got a pic Ed? My set up seems to be working but its aging and I am always looking for parts. As you know I just swapped to the belly only set up after running a belly and B model side scoop in series. 

Posted

Current set up. Came with a FWF package I picked up a long time ago. No idea what it's from. I lowered it using Lenis technique and parts from the Ace hardware aviation aisle.

image.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Got a pic Ed? My set up seems to be working but its aging and I am always looking for parts. As you know I just swapped to the belly only set up after running a belly and B model side scoop in series. 

Joey,   I am in the process of stripping the Kitfox 3 I just bought in order to get the wings, flapperons, and fuselage into my upper storage as soon as we bring my Foxy wings and fuselage out to make the struts (AGAIN!) - I will try to dig out the 532 rad and post a picture of it with the 582 rad which looks like a double-core.  Stay tuned, I will try to post soon.

I may need some ACE hardware part numbers or descriptions sometime too...

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I have to get the ELT out of the fuselage, and I am about done stripping it - I have to find out, but it is probably the old type ELT that takes D-cell flashlight batteries - either way, it will be for sale, or my new one...

EdMO

Posted

If you could contact him and get him on our AFF site, I would talk to him by PM - The only way I can email him thru his address on TKF is to start another email account - I have crashed this computer too many times to try anything new outside of this site.  I could put it on ebay for him.

EDMO

Ed,  I think this is the guy's email address.  You should be able to email him directly with this.  He's in Germany I think, so that's why his email address seems unusual.  Jim Chuk

MoBTermi@gmx.de                     

Posted

Jim,  I tried that address from TDF, and the puter wanted to start a new program to send an email.

Joey,  Attaching photo of Kitfox Rads - The one in front is from my KF1, 532, and the twisted one in back is KF3, 582 - Look identical, and have 3 tubes running horizontal, as best I can tell.  20 inches long for both.

EDMO

KITFOX RADS.JPG

Posted

Ed,  when you tried to use the email address through Team Kifox, it's probably trying to use your out look explorer, or whatever it's called.  Just use that address with your regular email account.  Should work fine then.  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

Ed,  when you tried to use the email address through Team Kifox, it's probably trying to use your out look explorer, or whatever it's called.  Just use that address with your regular email account.  Should work fine then.  Jim Chuk

Jim,

All I have is wife's email, and I get an earful when I clutter it - He can join AFF or see it on ebay.

I wonder if 912 uses same radiator, since they only cool the heads?

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I think the 912 can use the same radiator.  It's what I was going to use on my Kitfox 4 with 912 (if I ever get back to it)  Did you ever put a price on your radiator?  Also,  are you going to pull the tanks out of your Kitfox 3 wings?  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

I think the 912 can use the same radiator.  It's what I was going to use on my Kitfox 4 with 912 (if I ever get back to it)  Did you ever put a price on your radiator?  Also,  are you going to pull the tanks out of your Kitfox 3 wings?  Jim Chuk

NO - and NO...I do plan on stripping some of the fabric off and inspect wings - Got the most of the lower fabric off of the fuselage and don't see any rust on the lower longeron yet - Just a lot of bent/broken tubes from seat forward, but believe it can be rebuilt, but I wont rebuild it - at least, not until I finish Foxy.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

EDMO,

Received an email from Olaf from the tkf want ad, says he has registered and will contact you soon.  I hope it works out.

-Joshua

Posted (edited)

Current set up. Came with a FWF package I picked up a long time ago. No idea what it's from. I lowered it using Lenis technique and parts from the Ace hardware aviation aisle.

image.jpg

Jim,  I tried that address from TDF, and the puter wanted to start a new program to send an email.

Joey,  Attaching photo of Kitfox Rads - The one in front is from my KF1, 532, and the twisted one in back is KF3, 582 - Look identical, and have 3 tubes running horizontal, as best I can tell.  20 inches long for both.

EDMO

KITFOX RADS.JPG

Joey -  This is what I'm using.  I got it from Akflyer or Jim Chuck.....can't recall correctly.  Looks like identical part Ed has. Works great. The 2" aluminum angle from the local hardware av parts bins affords infinite adjustment possibilities.

belly rad 1.jpg

belly rad 2.jpg

Edited by allonsye