Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Playing at the new airport

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Short video of our new airport, It didn't turn out the best but you can kinda make out the runway and taxi way

Edited by TJay
1 person likes this

Posted

TJay,

Why do you need an airport with all that flat land around?  I guess putting all that concrete on the corn fields is a way for the Poly-Ticks to get money from the Flying Farmers....

EDMO

Posted

We need a new airport because at or other two close by we are land locked and no room to add on.there is a twenty person waiting list for hangers this one should help, And touching your wheels down in a Sioux County Farmers field around here will result in a huge law suite and you will loose. They are very greedy and money hungry here. There is very few good old farmers around here that are just happy do be doing what they love to do anymore, they have given most of the land to there entitled kids. Sorry if this offends anyone.

2 people like this

Posted

I know a few poor old farmers. One collects about $800K a year of our money...

Posted

looks like its gonna be a nice strip!  Is that an air fuel ratio meter on the left side bouncing between 14.4 and 14.3?

:BC:

Posted

I bought one of those gauges, and it has a black wire, a red wire and a white wire in the back.  How is that supposed to be hooked up?  It didn't come with any instructions.  Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

We need a new airport because at or other two close by we are land locked and no room to add on.there is a twenty person waiting list for hangers this one should help, And touching your wheels down in a Sioux County Farmers field around here will result in a huge law suite and you will loose. They are very greedy and money hungry here. There is very few good old farmers around here that are just happy do be doing what they love to do anymore, they have given most of the land to there entitled kids. Sorry if this offends anyone.

We have an airport and hanger shortage here too - Several of them sold out when STL got the TCA.  The city folks at my last airport have been trying for years to sell it for a strip mall - We now have to go about 60 miles or more to HOPE to get on the hanger list.  Cheaper to just fold wings and trailer it 25 miles each way.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

Hey Jim mine only has 2 wires, I would say touch the red to positive and black to negative if nothing happens tie the white and red together. the way I read it is the red and black power up the gauge and white can measure the power at a specific location. Say you want to know how much power is being fed to your landing lights only, that's my best guess.

Posted

Thanks for the info TJay.  Did you know the guy in the trike that shows up low and left of you at about 4:45 in the video?  Lost him in the trees somehow when you turned.  ;-)  Jim Chuk

Posted

It does look like a trike but acts more like a reflection, I think...

Posted

3rd wire usually goes to a switched 12v+ (ignition) to automatically power gauge on/off with engine.

Posted

3rd wire usually goes to a switched 12v+ (ignition) to automatically power gauge on/off with engine.

Doug,  Would the wire to the ignition+ be the red or the white wire?

EDMO

Posted

I know a few poor old farmers. One collects about $800K a year of our money...

How is he doing that? Must be illegal because they have all but discontinued subsidies.

Posted

They still have subsidies, but they have pretty much quit paying folks to NOT farm at least.  Plant the right stuff, play in their 'experimental' grants like planting different cover crops with the row crops, etc, and otherwise play the game instead of farm and you can still do it.  I think dairy still has a pretty good subsidy to keep milk prices low as well.

Mark

Posted (edited)

I don't think the homestead farmers and dairies who went to Alaska in the 1930s from Wisconsin have ever made a taxable profit, and they still get subsidies, as the dairies in the lower 49 still do - Otherwise, you would be paying about $10 a gallon for milk.  The biggest ripoff was the politicians who managed to own or rent government lands and never plowed land and got $millions!

EdMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

They still have subsidies, but they have pretty much quit paying folks to NOT farm at least.  Plant the right stuff, play in their 'experimental' grants like planting different cover crops with the row crops, etc, and otherwise play the game instead of farm and you can still do it.  I think dairy still has a pretty good subsidy to keep milk prices low as well.

Mark

They cut them (subsidies) to damn near nothing in 2014. That is for row crops/grain here in Louisiana. Now I debate whether to sign up or not because the hassle it is just about not worth it. But I have to submit and report in and deal with all the other BS like if I get too close with my tractor/disk to some "wet lands".

BTW I have never been paid not to farm. That ended 25-30 years ago. And to get $800k of "your" money I would have to farm about 30,000 acres back then. But then surely my income would be well over a million dollars. BTW you make more than a million, you get no subsidies. 

Why don't we talk about unions? ;)

Edited by Fly-n-Low

Posted

Row crops/grains don't have much if any subsidies anywhere these days.  And the amount of BS you have to deal with has increased, but it has for everybody else too! 

Don't get me started on unions!  They had a purpose when they formed and did some good things.  Now they are primarily to support the union big shots, and to protect the worthless P.O.S.'s that should be fired.

Mark

Posted

I don't think the homestead farmers and dairies who went to Alaska in the 1930s from Wisconsin have ever made a taxable profit, and they still get subsidies, as the dairies in the lower 49 still do - Otherwise, you would be paying about $10 a gallon for milk.  The biggest ripoff was the politicians who managed to own or rent government lands and never plowed land and got $millions!

EdMO

Ya know you you say that about milk costing 10 dollars a gallon, that is one of the main reasons not to vote for some idiot like Donald Trump, Guys like that have never bought a gallon of milk them self's  and would think 10 dollars is a steal. Think about that when you go vote for the person you hate the least.

Posted (edited)

TJay,

I think Trumpty Dumpty is smart enough to make $billions off of the government, and probably don't need to get more - Maybe he has dealt with the Chinese and Mexicans enough to not get screwed by them.   I will wait for the voters to decide who is going to be candidate, but we need someone smart enough to get us out of the mess we are in. 

Anything would be better than the Oh Bummer who has bankrupted the country because the stupid people voted him in on the promise of a free phone and free health care and other lies.  If you will read up on George Soros, the billionaire who owns him, you will see why we have liberal, communist policies meant to change the country for the worst.

EdMO

Edited by EDMO
2 people like this