Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"and it does not have to be just aircraft related." Okay!!!

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone fly a boat?

Posted

Okay.  To me, that's scary as hell.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ain't much scares me. Been over 160 on the water... Here's the craft...

PC190035.jpg

Posted

I do.  I've got a Hydrostream Voyager.

Best speed of 92.2.

red2_zpsaa88a14e.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice!!! I bet the Opti gets some pretty good mileage. I'm in the middle of rigging a Merc 280 SS on mine.

Posted

It has a Mercury Racing 250xs with a sport master lower on it that was rigged when it was new in 2005.  I've been nothing but impressed with the motor.  Zero issues in 10-years.  Nothing.  Just basic maintenance.  Excellent fuel economy as well.  I just can't believe how little fuel this thing burns compared to my other Hydrostream with a 2.4 200 on it.  After I got the boat I kept saying that when the motor dies I'll put a 300XS on it but the motor still runs like new after 10 years.  I'm sold on these opti's.

I've always been a Hydrostream guy but those Allisons are sexy boats.  I wish they made a bowrider version since I've got a pile of kids.  I've had my eye out for an XB2003 to fish from.  I'm fishing from an old Hydrostream Varmint now and there just isn't enough room.

This Voyager is a great all around boat though.  It's comfortable and has plenty of room.  Its good in choppy water too.

1 person likes this

Posted

Here is a picture of the Varmint.  This boat will just pass 90mph but scares me to death.  I'm actually looking to sell this thing before it kills me.

P6301987.jpg

Posted (edited)

A Stream addict! :P:) Yes, those are pretty rare! What's it doing? I have an XB 02 to fish in. Thinking about a new Merc 200 XS ROS. They are probably making a final run soon. I hope I'm not too late. The other toy is a rare Howard 23 Offshore. It's a lot to maintain, but a lot of fun. Last time out it ran 85 on slick water with the throttles out of rig. Port 7000 and stab 6500. That is fixed now. In some 1.5' chop where it will air out I figure low 90s. We'll see.

DSCN3922.jpg

Edited by Fly-n-Low