Fred's films

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Sharing my films flying an Avid Flyer Model C, just getting away, helping father Christmas or trying do to that dream flight...

Fred's films

There are also a few films on using Oratex for those facing reality rather than dreams...

Edited by FredStork
2 people like this

Posted

How to get easy brownie points...

Pick up your 8 year old son in front of school at lunch with you plane on the trailer and take him out to the field. It takes good firetruck pick up to beat that..!

image.jpeg

6 people like this

Posted

Yes, sir.  You just made Dad of the week for sure. 

Posted (edited)

Lucky boy to have a Dad like you!  I was lucky too - at his age I was riding in WW2 Stearmans...Your English is so good I am wondering about that...Are you France-born and just language smart?  I do well to write "HuhMerican", and I was born here!

Care to enlighten us?  No offense intended.

EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

I'm Swedish, living in France since 20 years working for a major US company last 15 years...

Posted

HI Fred

Just been looking at your website. Have you flown with the 850-6 Aero Classic tyres yet? I'm looking for ways of increasing angle of attack on the ground.

Regards

Ad

Posted

Hi Ad,

no not yet (and today it is snowing !!!!!). This is what Mike posted on the US Avid Flyer yahoo forum when he shared his experience:

As far as a speed difference I expected that I would slow down a mph or two but really can't see a difference. They are 6 inches larger in diameter and my liftoff speed went from 35 to 32 so I like that. Landing and taking off is allot of fun though as with the big side walls they really soak up the bumps. 

As soon as I have personal experience I will post on my blog.

Regards

Fred

Posted

hi fred! i'm a little frenchy from Gascony. I like your bird, mods, blog and vidéos.. i'm building a C, got it covered and paint, may be first roll out next summer...

A bientôt :BC:

Manu 

Posted

Salut Manu!

maybe I could stop and say hello if I succeed to do my "I had a dream" flight next summer.. I still have that dream

Amicalement

Fred

1 person likes this

Posted

sure ! you are welcome

bienvenue

manu

Posted (edited)

The French Avid Flyer Owner association try to meet yearly for a fly in to share the latest war stories and admire each others planes...
This year we met at Sagy, a small private Airfield, in Bourgogne (Burgundy). The meeting was arrange by Philippe who a few years ago fell in love with the Avid Flyer and is ever since telling us he will get one soon... While waiting for the right opportunity he is successfully reviving the French Avid Flyer Association. I like that spirit! I met him a few days ago and he told me he is very close to buying one... To be followed... 

Anyway... as usual I brought my camera and made a film to capture the ambiance and to get us all a souvenir. I'm not sure it has a great interest outside the group... Notice how the Champagne get delivered by auto-giro... 

The French Avid Flyer Owner Association meeting 2016

Note that due to copyrighted music the film might not be available on handheld devices like phones and tablets and not at all in Germany...  

Edited by FredStork

Posted

Thanks for the trip to France Fred, nice job on the video as always.

Posted

Looks like you all had a great time.  There was some very nice planes there too.  Great video!

:BC:

Posted

Very nice Fred.  And some pretty country as well.  JImChuk

Posted

Very nice Fred. Thank you.

Posted

This is the story about 2 weeks flying in France in an ultra light aircraft August 2016. 
The trip start close to the alpes and the first destination is the Loire valley castles before going to the Atlantic coast and the 3 islands Belle Ile, Ile d'Yeu and Ile d'Oleron. From the islands down the coast to the Basque country before going inland to Massive Centrale and the center of France. The trip end with a short visit to the annual Ultra light festival at Blois before heading back to the mountains.

The film is to long? Skip directly to (and miss spectacular sceneries):
00:00 Loire valley castles
07:00 Belle Ile (including transit to)
15:00 Ile d'Yeu (including transit to)
29:00 Ile d'Oleron (including transit to)
42:30 Bellac and Azat le Ris (Wanafly Airsports)
45:30 Blois 2016 (including transit to)

4 people like this

Posted

Hi fredstock 

I watched the whole film and thought it was fantastic and would love to fly to the blois rally next year as it looks like the laa rally in the uk. have you ever been to the laa rally before.

Thanks

Richard 

Posted (edited)

Hi fredstock 

I watched the whole film and thought it was fantastic and would love to fly to the blois rally next year as it looks like the laa rally in the uk. have you ever been to the laa rally before.

Thanks

Richard 

Richard, 

thank you for your kind words.

I didn't know about the LAA Rally but looked it up on the web, looks fantastic. Would be a great adventure to go there - and provide material to another film....

Fred

Edited by FredStork

Posted

Hi Fred 

No problem and it would be good to get a few avid aircraft there next year. you should look into coming to the popham microlight trade fair as that's the first one of the year.

Richard 

Hi fredstock 

Thanks

Richard 

Richard, 

thank you for your kind words.

I didn't know about the LAA Rally but looked it up on the web, looks fantastic. Would be a great adventure to go there - and provide material to another film....

Fred

Posted (edited)

Time for another film....

The French taildragger brotherhood is arranging a yearly fly-in. I had never been there before but will absolutely come back... I obviously brougt my cameras and have just finished the film. I hope you enjoy it

Edited by FredStork
4 people like this

Posted

Nice work Fred - always a treat to watch another one of your videos!

Posted

Very nice.  If that doesn't make a person want to fly nothing will.  Beautiful airstrip and nice combination of airplanes. 

Posted

Totally agree that does make a guy wanna fly

Posted

What a great piece of film! Congratulations on making such a motivational movie. Mike

Posted

Agree, Fred is getting really good at video content and production! Always fun to watch and see how the 'other side of the pond' satisfies their aviation lust.