Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Pitot Tubes and accuracy in Kitfox

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Looking for some feedback on where you guys are running your Pitot tubes (in relation to the wing) and also if you are using any sort of static ports.

I have the stock Kitfox III location (where it exits the bottom of the wing anyway), the tube sensing opening is about 1" aft of the leading edge and about 4" below the wing.

I am also not running a static port, just an orificed plastic plug in the back of the instrument. 

Posted

I moved the pitot tube inboard of the lift strut bracket on my A+. Static behind panel with an in-line, plug in filter. Had on open line on my KF3 and found a bug in there once. FWIW, Skystar put out a bulletin for model 4 showing recommended location of static port. Many builders followed that but put in a second port on the opposite side of the fuselage to provide more accurate reading during slips.

Static-system.pdf

Posted

Thanks Doug.

Posted

Someone on here had their static vents near the cowl.   VANS used some size of rivet with the mandrel punched out thru a washer, but I don't know what size or kind of rivet they used.

EDMO