Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

First shot of my bird in the air

6 posts in this topic

Posted

A guy I worked with snapped this on Sunday while I was flying during our annual airport day. Amazing what a good camera can do.

LookingDown1.jpg

Posted

Nice!

Posted

looks like you were smart enough to put the N numbers on the vert. stab.  Makes it hard for the guys on the ground to get your number and call you in when you are low and slow :lol:

:beerchug:

Posted

The A&P that did my conditional said that he thought that if you were redoing your paint and numbers you were supposed to put the bigger ones on the fuse but if they were already the small ones on the vertical you were good to go. Every experimental I've ever seen had the little ones on the tail. The FAR's say you only need the bigger ones if your going over 200mph. Never thought about people not being able to see them though that is good... I flew yesterday for 45 minutes and never got above 200ft agl :) Don't worry I was a few miles from anything man made.

Posted

the onlything that I worry about as far as AGL is concerned is the terain.  If i have a place to set down with reasonable certainty that I can atleast limp away from the scene of the wreck I am flying on the deck.... down low and dirty is where the fun is at!

:beerchug:

Posted

We definitley need to fly together Leni. There were few guys that would follow me in my Powered parachute while I flew under bridges and did touch and go's off round hay bales in a field among other things. When I did find someone who would follow me it made the experience that much cooler. I fly my Avid in a similiar fashion  :buttrock: