Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Matco cylinder leak?

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey everyone just looking for some insight on this. I have rerun new lines and fittings on the brakes. Filled with fluid until leaking out the "SHCS" on the top reservoir cover, bled the brakes and they are working nice and solid. However every few depressions of the pedal I'm hearing the slightest of leaks. I look and see that a very small amount is leaking between the shaft and the center collar. Picture attached. I've been looking at the diagram and there doesn't seem to be a seal at this location inside the reservoir just the outer o-ring. Would this indicate something is worn? Or too much fluid in the reservoir? It's doing this identically on both cylinders. 
Any help is appreciated. Thanks

image.jpeg

Posted (edited)

IMO, I think you are just over full. 

I put a generic o-ring under the filler screw on mine and ash-canned the over-boots because they just collect dirt and don't allow you to see leaks. 

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

What model Matco is that?  It don't look like any I have had, including 1,3,4 models.

EDMO

Posted

I think Larry is right. I have fluid on top also when to full.

Posted

They're the matco mc-1. They don't leak every conpression just after a few I'll barely here it on both. I'm hoping that they're just too full. But I'll do the small o-ring on the plug also