Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid finally in Florida

9 posts in this topic

Posted

I used the Thanksgiving weekend to get my last load from Illinois to Florida, which consisted of my Avid, the floats I bought from Jim, and the tools I still had there so I could get it loaded.

My trailer is only 8ft wide, with a 70 something inch opening, to narrow for a fully assembled Avid, which needs an opening wider then 94 inches.

I have to take of one wing, and the horizontal stabilizer off  to get it into the trailer.  Since it needs some repairs, and a full recover, that wasn't a big deal anyway.

Here is what it looks like loaded if anyone is interested.

20151201_154748_small.jpg

20151201_154824_small.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm reminded of the expression " 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag"  :-)  Not that it's crap, only that it's really full!   Where are you in Florida?  I'm typing from Gulf Shores, Al.  Wife and I drove down, and will be here till the end of January.  Can't believe it, I saw guys ice fishing on the lake in Chisholm Sunday, and here I am sitting with the air on two days later.  Jim Chuk

Posted

Well shucks you are both probably missing this cold windy weather , oh and did I mention SNOW ****** 

Posted

I'm reminded of the expression " 10 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag"  :-)  Not that it's crap, only that it's really full!   Where are you in Florida?  I'm typing from Gulf Shores, Al.  Wife and I drove down, and will be here till the end of January.  Can't believe it, I saw guys ice fishing on the lake in Chisholm Sunday, and here I am sitting with the air on two days later.  Jim Chuk

Jim,

I'm in Lake City - right at the intersection of I-10 and I-75.  It was 41 and pouring down rain when I hooked up the trailer in Illinois, 79 and Sunny when I got home.  Today they are getting snow showers - I knew last week was my last week to get it without danger of snow/ice.

And as for full, that was actually a pretty empty load.  It took 15 round trips with that 8' x 20' cargo trailer to get all our crap from Illinois to Florida!  Still better than the time I paid movers to do it - I think movers are like lawyers, 99% of them make the other 1% look bad!

Mark

Posted

Gulf shores isn't that far away by airplane, about 6 hours by car.  If you are there through January, the Cherokee might have to wander over that way one of these days.

Mark

Posted

Now  that's a thought!  Jim Chuk

Posted

15 trips holy crap, I would have had a garage sale after the first two,

Posted

Yea, that was the original plan.  The first two trips we sorted stuff, got rid of the stuff we didn't want, etc.  Then my daughter got sick.  Then it was just throw the sh*t in and we'll sort it out later.

Problem was a 5,000 sqft house, a 2,000 sq ft garage, and a hangar.  It is easy to accumulate way too much cr*p when you have way too much space!

Mark

1 person likes this

Posted

It is easy to accumulate way too much cr*p when you have way too much space!

Mark

Yep, been there done that...and still collecting :o