Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fall Colors

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Leaves are turning. Chance of 2"-4" of snow Monday.

1116_8378d3cff4591cf2400a1533d2240d06092

Posted

He-he, yup, us too...  Tis that time of year.

Posted

Nice picture!! I miss fall! There are only two season out here in California...good for flying I guess but it get's old when the weather is exactly the same every day from Feb-Nov.

Posted

I am hoping to get out and fly one more time today on floats as I will be gone at work for 6 weeks and the water should be pretty stiff when I get back.  The leaves here are allmost gone and the 45 knt wind storms we had most of last week stripped most of them.  We dont have any snow in the forecast though... WHT is up with you guys geting snow before us :lol:

:beerchug:

Posted

Leni--  We probably get more snow and cold down here than you do.  We don't have that big, warm ocean to keep us thawed out.

(Well, okay.  Maybe not.)

Posted

Brought the airplane home now. I think I am going to put the plastic tanks in. I will have to replace the windsheid to.

Posted

Leni--  We probably get more snow and cold down here than you do.  We don't have that big, warm ocean to keep us thawed out.

(Well, okay.  Maybe not.)

Dont know about the snow fall..... We normaly get 4-6' of snow on the ground here on the flat land, and the mountains I ride got over 4' of snow fall overnight many times last year.  There were several times last year that even the bad ass mountain sleds could not make it up even a little 150-200' climb without whacking the hill 4 or 5 times to get in a trail over the top to really get into the good mountain riding.

If I can ever get my computer issue figured out I will post up some pics from the mountains the last few years!  We still get our -50 days and the inlet comes close to freezing up at times, with enough ice in it to really hamper the super tankers etc that try to come in and load out the oil and natural gas.

Posted

We got 4.75" of rain and had a recorded gust of 56mph yesterday here in Sunny California. Lots of downed trees and flooding. It was the single worst October storm in 47 years. It was pretty sporty there for a few hours. Don't get me started on how people drive around here when it rains....... :biggun:

Posted

We had 103.7" total snowfall last year here. Up the road a bit, thanks to regular lake effect snow squalls, the Tug Hill Plateau area east of Lake Ontario receives an annual average of more than 22' (FEET!).  :o  G-R-E-A-T sledding!

Here's a few Fall Color shots from upstate NY...

1122_3829f308f636a63f41cb12fcad9f0f8b59c

1124_bc7d5af7c2789dd03379eaacb4e5a42cbc1

1126_00b5021f239276a35e6078f93a640947598

1128_e6487f0e928c6e7ea965b25f7573046d24b

1130_7145e8cf4394b8c65a5c8c28b191735c236

Posted

Awsome contrasting colors... our birch trees tend to go from green to yellow or orange in a day or two, but I have not seen any of the reds that your pics show.  I could get lost in that scenery and end up flying into the trees :lol:  That was why my dad quit flying just before I was born...  he got all engrossed watching a flock of geese and was circling lower and lower till he drug the wingtip into a tree.. he leveled off, flew home and never took the controls again.