Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

IVO IFA Motor

7 posts in this topic

Posted

A while back I remember someone talking about the motor for their IFA IVO prop being the same as an electric drill motor??

I've searched and searched for this to help a buddy who's motor is not working.  Anyone have any information or a link?

Thanks!

Posted

How much troubleshooting have you done? Mine bound up a while back. Took it all apart and ran the motor directly off 12V and much to my relief it ran. Greased the lead screw and it's been working fine since.

Posted

Have done zero at this time.  I was just looking for that posting of the electric screw driver/drill that used the same motor...

If the Prince on the Mangy works out, the electric IVO it came with may go to my buddy for parts.

Posted

I just replaced the motor on my ul and its a brushed rc car motor but unsure of the wind.ill grab it at the hanger if I remember and post some pics of it .it was really easy to change .hour and fifteen minutes including the safety wire. way easier than sending it in.

Posted

My IVO medium IFA uses a Sagami planetary gear reduction DC brushed motor with 36mm diameter.  It doesn't look to be adapted from a drill, but it probably has similarities.

IMG_3676.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

yeah that's it .the silver motor on the back appears to be a rc car motor. ivo sells them for 150.00.which isn't bad but im sure a replacement rc motor of the same wind could be found of higher quality for less .

Posted

What is the RPM of the Sagami motor?