Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tired of pulling the string on my 582

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Don't they make one with the electric start on the gear drive? You just change the housing? Seems like I remember seeing one. I don't want to put one on the rear because of the firewall mods, and I want to keep the string pull.

I think this is it? But looking at it... It would be too tall and interfere with the cowling?

IMG_0595.jpg.html

Edited by Fly-n-Low

Posted

Dammit... I know HTML and how to embed.. .but this format is driving me nuts... LOL!

Posted

The picture showed a 582 with an E gearbox on it.  The E box has the electric start built in.  Adds some weight right at the front of the plane.  I believe there is also an electric starter that goes between the pull starter and the engine.  The starter sticks out at a 90 degree angel from the crankshaft.  Jim Chuk

Posted

The picture showed a 582 with an E gearbox on it.  The E box has the electric start built in.  Adds some weight right at the front of the plane.  I believe there is also an electric starter that goes between the pull starter and the engine.  The starter sticks out at a 90 degree angel from the crankshaft.  Jim Chuk

Oh, okay. Thanks. That one is way off.

The rear mounted 90* starter you still have to mod firewall. I just didn't want to cut, etc the firewall. I guess I need to lift some weights instead! ;)

Posted

If I decide to buy this Jabiru I am looking at I will sell you my E Box at a fair price.

Posted

E box. I have the stock pull start on mine and no firewall mods. 

Posted

Don't they make one with the electric start on the gear drive? You just change the housing? Seems like I remember seeing one. I don't want to put one on the rear because of the firewall mods, and I want to keep the string pull.

I think this is it? But looking at it... It would be too tall and interfere with the cowling?

IMG_0595.jpg.html

hi , can you tell what is wrong with the pull start on a 582?  i plan to have it on mine, is it very hard to get a start ?

Posted

There is nothing wrong with the 582 pull start,the 582 needs 300 rpm to get a good spark keeping the plug gaps narrow also helps .Be careful you don't elbow your passenger in he face

1 person likes this

Posted

hi , can you tell what is wrong with the pull start on a 582?  i plan to have it on mine, is it very hard to get a start ?

Nothing is wrong. I can start it, but when I start it cold I am usually outside the plane. More for convenience's sake.

Posted

ok thx 

Posted

IMG_0595.jpg.html

GPL Stater with a Lithium Battery.